I have no idea how to build mouse traps, but I can figure it out.

can i pull this off?

• Total voters

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Easy to sell travel to a cross race in February when the weather sucks in NJ.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I really wonder what the viability of the one-off CX race that's not a part of a series. The one that's in Queens seems to do well. Probably keeps it way simpler not having to deal with USAC, race series people, etc.

Of course you lose some serious racers that want points, but that may be made up for people just looking to race and have fun.

Pearl, can you do this and report back? I promise that if you do a race in January or February I'll register and do my best to attend. But please for the love of god do not do Cat 4 & 5 as 30 minute races like VACX.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Isn’t Go Cross in VA a one off?

No, it's part of the VACX series. http://vacyclocross.com/2018-vacx-schedule

Not sure how the NC races are, but the Chimborazo race was one step above a low-key short track race. It's how I pictured a US cyclocross race would be put on in 1985 by people who got 3rd hand knowledge of how a cross race in Europe worked and maybe saw some VHS copy of a copy of a copy of a race.

I mean, I had fun, but it was only 30 minutes, scoring was pretty half-assed. There's no way a race like that would work in NJ with the competition available within a short drive on pretty much every weekend. I'm assuming the rest of the VACX races are probably similar, with the exception of Go Cross.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh, and not trying to really push you...but.

Monster Cross is an extremely successful event. It's not cross per-say, but it's in February when the weather is kind of shitty. There's nothing else going on, people are happy to brave the elements and do a stupid race. So much so they'll drive many states to do it.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Finally found this thread... long story short, after my leg work with the original park manager, another guy I showed the property with talked to the latest park manager and:
Cross race 20 minutes from mah house

I'm on the outside of this sadly, but maybe I can throw in some creative ideas for the course. Makes me feel special that I got this off the ground doe

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finally found this thread... long story short, after my leg work with the original park manager, another guy I showed the property with talked to the latest park manager and:

I'm on the outside of this sadly, but maybe I can throw in some creative ideas for the course. Makes me feel special that I got this off the ground doe
Do you provide room and board?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Weird, if you click on Directions it shows a park in Boone, which I'm sure is not 20 minutes from your house. Same if you click on the address. But copy/pasting the address in google maps gives the Midland location.

While a trip to NC and a long weekend is tempting, I have a race the prior day in VA.

@DevsAdvocate is now local and should do this race.

@Pearl What's with the 30 minute race times? Is that a VA/NC thing? Really bothers me doing the CX races in VA, race is so short.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
we currently do not have any reservations for that weekend

ya, the link is totally wrong, Midland is where its at

I didn't realize they were only 30 minutes for 4/5 and some of those early masters races. I think it was also easier to move up some of those later races. The last race used to be at 4pm.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Was invited to make some course ideas:

this is a 10 minute lap at warm up pace (for me), at 10mph. seems long?

Top Bottom