I have it on good authority that...

crash_in_nj

Santa is bringing me a VholdR helmet cam for X-Mas. Well, according to the website, UPS will do the bringing, and sometime after New Year's, but still. :D I need to come up with a way to explain why I didn't find my present from Santa right away.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
throw out the gift from a relative(your side of the family) that you don't want, and tell mrs crash that you either traded or returned or ebay'd it and got the cam in it's place.

crash_in_nj

I think the former mrs crash is onto the whole Santa thing. It's little crash that will need the explanation:D Luckily, he'll be with his mom for a bit after the holiday, so I've got time to work it out.

I can't wait to get this thing and take it out for a spin. The videos on the website looked pretty good. The whole thing weighs in at about 5 ozs, there aren't any cables to mess with, and there's just one big button to push, so I should be able to work it.

crash_in_nj

UPDATE: Delays, delays and more delays. It was supposed to ship right after New Year's, then by the end of January. Now they're saying March or so... I'm not happy. A big part of why I bought it was to take it with me to Squaw, but that just isn't going to happen now. Part of me wants to return it, but I think I'll just be patient.

crash_in_nj

It looks like I'll finally get to try it out tomorrow. They aren't selling a bike helmet mount for it yet, so I had to go with a twist tie/rubber band mount that will hopefully hold together. And just in time for my first day riding clipless :)

crash_in_nj

My first shot at using the helmet cam was on Thursday...

<embed width="400" height="320" flashvars="file=http://www.vholdr.com/xspf/node/1398&shuffle=false&repeat=list&transition=fade&frontcolor=0xcccccc&lightcolor=0x7ab9dc&backcolor=0x333333" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" name="swf_Player_1" src="http://www.vholdr.com/sites/default/files/flv/Player.swf"/>

Anyone know how to embed video? Kind of hard to work it out with my 6 year old snap-kicking me in the ribs... Here's a link: Thursday at Allaire:)

Last edited:

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Quality looks pretty good. Impressive.

I should have a demo unit to play with for a while over the next month.

crash_in_nj

Overall I am happy so far. Just a little bummed it didn't get here until after my trip to Squaw. I do get some clips that won't play, but I'm not sure if that is because of my crappy old computer or if there is a bug in the camera/software. I wouldn't call it a polished product, but it definitely gets the job done. Now if only I could ride :)

Top Bottom