I have all day to burn

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This Saturday I have the whole day to burn. I want some place new to me. Where we riding. Yes this means I would want others who have bike will travel.
Don't bother if you got wife time restraints, dinner plans or got to walk the dog.
Places of interest PA (scranton area)or NY
(hunter area.)
Knowledge of trails helpful but not necessary.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ACE04F51-5AF1-4FF0-A45B-E065082C94A4.gif

jackx

This Saturday I have the whole day to burn. I want some place new to me. Where we riding. Yes this means I would want others who have bike will travel.
Don't bother if you got wife time restraints, dinner plans or got to walk the dog.
(hunter area.)
Presumably you've been to Stewart State Forest enough times and you're in search of something new.
Soundz like a good opportunity to hit Moosic Mountain.
Enjoy the day!

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
(hunter area.)
Ugh...this is totally the kind of day I live(d) for. Once I'm back up and (riding) I will totally do this with you...no qualms whatsoever about traveling to a new place to ride. I am envious of whats to come!!

onetracker

Conditions at Moosic will be good. I may ride there tomorrow. About ~20mi of trail and forest/gravel roads.

Actually, if you are going to do a day trip; you could make it a big day and ride Moosic and Prompton. They are not that far apart.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Moosic is always a good time. I also have been Riding more at Merli Sarnoski lately. South trails are flowy and climby. North and East trails are rocky/techy. There is some new twisty and bermy stuff in the northeast section of Lackawanna state park that’s worth riding. One trail is called Bermie Senders, so you get the drift. Mountain Top is also amazing, but being game lands and it’s hunting season I don’t think Saturday would be an ideal day there. Not sure if I’ll be in PA this coming weekend but will check back on this thread through the week.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah @soundz little far for a day trip, lol
Rothrock would be outstanding but further then I wanted to travel. I wanted to stay in the 2 hour mark. Which is why I said Scranton or Hunter.

So to break this down even more.
Pa. Moon Lake or Merli
NY Elm Ridge

Moosic I was told not SS friendly
Would love to check out mountain top one day over the winter for sure.
Rothrock is a full weekend to get the full effect.

I plan to continue this at minimum once a month if not twice Hopefully you can to because it makes it twice as fun :)

@rottin' I will be waiting for you.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
NY Elm Ridge

This is a fun place but it does not really fit the "whole day to burn" edict above. Are you open to 2 rides in the same day?

Another issue with Elm Ridge is that it is in a geographical black hole. So finding lunch between parks is basically Traveller Chow.

We once did Elm Ridge in the morning then the bike park afternoon half day. Get lunch at the lodge. That works out pretty well. So if you can just spend your Saturday building a time machine, maybe you can go back a few months and do that.

Like Ralph Wiggum, I'm helping.

EOX_2n_WsAAhdZE.jpg

onetracker

Yeah @soundz little far for a day trip, lol
Rothrock would be outstanding but further then I wanted to travel. I wanted to stay in the 2 hour mark. Which is why I said Scranton or Hunter.

So to break this down even more.
Pa. Moon Lake or Merli
NY Elm Ridge

Moosic I was told not SS friendly
Would love to check out mountain top one day over the winter for sure.
Rothrock is a full weekend to get the full effect.

I plan to continue this at minimum once a month if not twice Hopefully you can to because it makes it twice as fun :)

@rottin' I will be waiting for you.
There is a bunch of Climbing and chunky tech at Moosic. Moon Lake is cool, raw and techy. Merli is also cool. I have not been over there yet this season. Maybe I will hit it today while in the area. We are selling our house in Lake Ariel so it will be less easy to hit these trails after mid December.

I am just not sure any of the places mentioned (Merli, Moosic, Moon) are worth driving over 60 mins IMO.

I still think Rattling is best option if you have not been to Weiser SF. I did three camping trips there this year and it was a blast!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom