I hate riding by myself

X

X6_Rider

I new and looking for a riding partner in or near Monroe Township.

X

X6_Rider

Rite now I ride to and from work but I hear Thompson Park in Jamesberg has some nice trails. I just dont want to ride by myself because god forbid I get hurt ill be there for days before someone found me.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome aboard...I am sure there are riders in your area i know a few guys that get down to
mercer which is just a bit south of you...

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
you are also just a bit south of 6 mile which alot of people ride all the time...

walter

Fourth Party
Rite now I ride to and from work but I hear Thompson Park in Jamesberg has some nice trails. I just dont want to ride by myself because god forbid I get hurt ill be there for days before someone found me.

Um, dont go to Thompson Park. Take the trip out of town to 6 mile or Allaire, you will most certainly enjoy yourself.

Thompson Park is good for feeding caged animals and watching all the Latinos BBQ'ing on the weekends.:D

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
try to make it out to allaire on tuesday night at 6. we do a weekly group ride there. dunno what skill level you are but its a beginner(sometimes beefed up) pace

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
No one mentioned Clayton Park. Take Perrineville Rd across Rt. 33. Millstone Rd. to Rt. 526. Take 526 out to Imlaystown and you're there. Check the trail directory or the Monmouth County Parks website for more detailed directions.

Clayton is small but the trails are stupid-fast and a lot of fun. It's closer to you than Allaire and adds another option. There's usually a gang there on Wednesday evenings.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
If you blink, you will probably miss them
Actually, there is a group of really good folks who ride there at more "reasonable" velocities, but Walter is right, avoid those hooligans who ride the 13mph laps. Those guys are nothing but trouble.:hmmm:

dualfisted

clayton or allaire

Clayton is a good ride, gotaa do multiple laps to put in mileage, but fun and rolling, gets more difficult the faster u go.
Allaire has lots of trails, which is why it's better to get up with peeps from the forum here to get the tour. Also, highly recommend the tuesday nite, 6pm beginner group ride at Allairen you'll learn stuff if yur a newb, and get the tour of Allaire. The pace is only as fast as the slowest rider and it's a real good time, over twenty riders on a nice night and if u get hurt, we may call for help before continuing on with our ride, haha.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Clayton is a good ride, gotaa do multiple laps to put in mileage, but fun and rolling, gets more difficult the faster u go.
Allaire has lots of trails, which is why it's better to get up with peeps from the forum here to get the tour. Also, highly recommend the tuesday nite, 6pm beginner group ride at Allairen you'll learn stuff if yur a newb, and get the tour of Allaire. The pace is only as fast as the slowest rider and it's a real good time, over twenty riders on a nice night and if u get hurt, we may call for help before continuing on with our ride, haha.
oh and we will laugh at you regardless as long as you are not bleeding to bad...:)

T

trials_N_Error

I just found this site called www.meetup.com that has tons of groups rides in many different locations. I just went on my first group ride from that site today. Real nice turn out with about 10 -12 people. Might be worth it to check out.

Minotaur

I new and looking for a riding partner in or near Monroe Township.

I work in Monroe, but I have to say as much as I'd like to put my bike in the truck and take it work and ride at lunch, I don't know of too much in the way of decent off-road/trail riding. All I've seen are the hair-raising roads in the area. When I was a runner, I ran the 7 mile loop of Prospect Plains, Applegarth, Forsgate (yes, running across the 8A entrance ramp), Cranbury-South River, and back to Prospect Plains. I'm not that much of an adrenaline junkie anymore. :scared:

For my money I'd rack the bike on the vehicle and head out towards a Monmouth County park. Manasquan Reservoir is fairly flat, but a couple of times around can give you 12-18 miles, and a good hour or two. And Allaire is right near MR. Both are about 30 mins. from Monroe.

Mare

I live in Spotswood, so I can meet to ride sometime. I am not a huge fan of Thompson because it's small, so I get dizzy, but I would still meet there and ride around. If we are similar in our riding style/pace, next time we can venture to a more exciting place.

Top Bottom