I cant get into EWS

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I've watched DH and XC for 15 yrs but i just can't get into EWS. Just not exciting for me. Maybe if they find a way to structure the event so that its more TV friendly and then have rob host. Outside of getting to watch sam hill ride am I missing anything?

Ian F

Enduro can never really be a TV/live event type sport. The amount of personnel required to effectively cover it would be astronomical and not cost effective. It'd be like trying to cover a WCS live without helicopters. So it's better suited to the "highlights" videos we usually see. Even WC DH isn't great to cover live because of the number of riders racing and the overlapping on-course time. The only way to make that TV-friendly is to do a Hardline style event with a significant reduction in the number of riders so full runs can be covered start to finish without the event lasting for 5 hours.

I follow the EWS because it's bike racing and I will pretty much watch any bike racing coverage, which is why I pay for GCN+. The Paris Roubaix Femme race was awesome to watch live.

Top Bottom