Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Turner RFX

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Trek Remedy

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

syadasti

Wet Rag
you are correct and not into the name calling, pro pedal in realilty is a form of lock out just not in the complete sense. personally I don't feel air shocks work as well on the 5"+ bikes....

I'm not people talking BS when they don't understand something. People who have no idea what the dials do on their bike shouldn't be discussing suspension. You earned your name.

Like Turner, for 2009 Santa Cruz only sell modern shocks with low speed compression adjustment (or platform) on the Nomad and BLT2 (FYI, the Monarch 3.3 is a RP23 knock-off), it has nothing to do with the design. The tune on those VPP and DW bikes is minimal compression due to the inherent suspension design. An RFX has mid tune. Fox sells three different standard tunes and for big OEM orders they'll do custom tune (for example Ironhorse Sunday got a custom tune as the design does not work well otherwise) or even complete shocks designs (see Gary Fisher Roscoe).

Name calling its has no relevance about anything other than being stuck inside with crappy weather making one antisocial. Tough luck, its the Internet.

Last edited:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I vote for the one that's sold by your coolest and most local bike shop. They're all good (though the Kona is a little whacky -- and heavy), so after riding them, the shop would be a deciding factor for me.

Then just go buy the Turner.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Name calling its has no relevance about anything other than being stuck inside with crappy weather making one antisocial. Tough luck, its the Internet.

Wow, given the season I think you should be put in the box and wrapped.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mods: Please use your discretion and dump this post if it appears to be throwing too much petrol on the fire.

I would just as soon move on with the discussion at this point. I like this advice:

I vote for the one that's sold by your coolest and most local bike shop. They're all good (though the Kona is a little whacky -- and heavy), so after riding them, the shop would be a deciding factor for me.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
wow, what happen to this thread since I looked at it this morning? I think this is a perfect example how an unmoderated thread can go downhill really fast. For those of your critizing the moderation lately, think of where this thread would go without it.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
wow, what happen to this thread since I looked at it this morning? I think this is a perfect example how an unmoderated thread can go downhill really fast. For those of your critizing the moderation lately, think of where this thread would go without it.

like mtbr...?

Sircrashalot

I love all the holiday good will & cheer :D

I love my Heckler....& would guess that the Nomad is even more fun...but then again I haven't been on the Heckler since I drank the ss 29er kool aid....but then again I am lazy this winter & haven't been on anything in nearly a month....what do you do with a bicycle anyway? Mine hang on the wall lately & I look at them & feel badly about not riding them! Is there another use?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Like was already mentioned, the RFX wont be available till 2010.

The 5 spot is 5.5 inches... Do you really need that other half an inch...:D
I love my Turner. I bought it used off MTBR and still got great customer service when i had a question (or 5).

Dave Turner actually makes himself available on occasion. You got to love that.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I love my Nomad. The most fun bike I've ever ridden (in the right terrain of course). If you're up for a test ride we could try & hook up for a ride sometime.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I love my Nomad. The most fun bike I've ever ridden (in the right terrain of course). If you're up for a test ride we could try & hook up for a ride sometime.

Judging by the popularity on the poll here you may just might want to demo one which I can offer mine at our local parks. Maybe someone can offer a demo of their turner also....

lou_b_83

Wow. I really thought that the RFX was going to win this. I have rode all but the Trek. I love all 4. If I could I would have all 4:D

Top Bottom