I Can’t remove tires from rim. What da ...

serviceguy

So, this is embarrassing. Last year I decided I was going to follow through with converting the Figitive to 27.5+ so I laced a new set of wheels and bought some Maxxis High Roller II mainly because they were the only 27.5x3.0 that I could locate at the time. Rims are Race Face Arc40 (non offset) on 350s. I always set new tires on the wheels with tubes for a while so they fully recover their shape after being folded God knows for how long, but since I bought 4 of these rims I thought it would be a good idea to set them on the spare rims while I was trying the new wheels...fast forward 1 year, Last night I went ahead and true the wheels but for the life of me I can’t Get the tires off the rim, they just won’t move from the lip. Any suggestion? Torch is at the ready but I would live that as plan Z...

Mr.Moto

If you mean you can’t unseat the tire bead from the rim, lay the wheel on the floor and step on the tire as close to the rim to break the bead. Wear shoes while doing this.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
RUB-38236-CA_1200x.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Lend them to me for a weekend, I'll solve this minor dilemma for you. ?
All his Fug wheels are the now... super boost. Wont work with your bikes.
If they worked with my bikes... would have said....
images.jpeg

Karate Monkey

These are all super close to how to do it really reliably. If you can't get them with your thumbs, put it in the floor next to a table/something you can hold on to. Step right above the bead, first with one foot, then a second if it's not enough. Flip flops work best, since you can get your foot right over the lip of the rim.

jklett

I had this happen too, I had to use a "C" clamp which did the job for me.
I've used the "clamp" method for wheelbarrow/cart tires, works when stepping on it doesn't do it and you're scared of nailing the rim trying the hammer(that one ill placed blow cost me more than a tube).

mtbiker87

Take jkletts advice, as he somehow got those Magic Mary's off my Brodie that went on so tight I'm suprised he didnt need to cut 'em off with a sawzall ! If he got those off, I'd listen to him !

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Tire in driveway , 2x4 laying on tire butted up to rim drive car onto 2x4 , please video for entertainment purposes

New thread - "Which car should i use to remove tire from rim?" :D

Top Bottom