I Am a Door, This is My Story. Please Act Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iman29

Once upon a time, (probably circa 5+ years ago) I was a lonely 30" wide 6 panel primed interior door sitting in a big box store among many other doors waited to get adopted into my forever home. I knew getting adopted would be a long journey for me since I was always getting made fun of by the pre-hung 6 panel doors, since I am just a door core waiting to be customized and fitted into my new doorway.

Then one day this amazing DIY homeowner came to the aisle and out of all the other doors, selected me to be his new door along with one of my cousins, 24" bathroom door. He measured and stared, checked his phone with care, and finally decided that I was THE ONE for him! He took us home and sanded us down smooth, and even gave me and and my cousin 2 shiny clean coats of semi gloss white paint in preparation for the big day.

After what seemed like months of delays and procrastinating, and a lot of yelling from my new adopted Mom about "you have time for riding bikes but not for the new doors..." or something like that, he finally decided to spend some quality time with us. Much to my disappointment he selected my 24" cousin to get installed first since it would be "easier" to manage.

As it turns out, my 24" cousin was really quite a challenge, especially since my new owner had no F@cking clue about cutting in hinges and door handles. It was the worst case of door abuse I have ever seen. I just wanted to be back at the store or with another family the carnage was horrible.

Needless to say after that episode I have been forgotten and neglected in the garage until now where I have a new chance at life and it could be with you or someone you know. Please help me find the perfect forever doorway to be part of and I promise to bring you years of joy and happiness as I open and close for you whenever you wish.

It seems that my worth has been reduced to trade for beer and/or bike accessories which are open for discussion with my current owner. And if you thought to burn me, just think about how much abuse I have already been subjected to and consider how you would feel if you were ultimately burned. I did not ask for this life, it's just the one I ended up with.

Please. Rescue. Me.

1627088956851.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom