I’m Out

Should I?

• Setup a blog in the health & nutrition section to talk about my training in PA

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No Blog, but continue to post up every now and then.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Never come on mtbnj again, I’m a traitor to all things jerz…

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glancing Aft

Tomorrow afternoon I will be making my final move to York Pennsylvania, and while I’ll still be back in NJ for many races and other biking events this is my farewell of sorts.

So I wanted to say thank you to everyone, over the past two years this board has been amazing! In addition to being a great distraction while at work it has been a valuable resources. It has been great to have a place to discus this sport with other locals and than meet so many of you on mtbnj group rides. I have definitely enjoyed watching this site grow and being a part of it!

But don’t you all get too excited over this, cause I’m sure I’ll still be posting on the board, despite what you may think we really do have electricity and computers out there! So on that end I have setup a little poll question, answer it however you want.:D

If anyone is ever out in the York/Harrisburg area let me know! We have some great riding out there and I'll show you around!

Jake, Norm, and Steve thank you for doing all that you have with this site and I wish you all the best with it in the future!
Will

Last edited:

BiknBen

Glancing A$$ said:
Tomorrow afternoon I will be making my final move to York Pennsylvania...

You're dead to me as soon as you cross the border! :p

Good luck man. See you at the races.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
York, PA! My hometown. All in all a good area. Have fun at Rocky Ridge and Lake Redman. If you get the itch to start dirt jumping. Go in the woods between the Harley Plant and the Codorus Creek close to RT 30 and you will see my old trails. It has been 7 years since I built there and the other guy moved away too. But I know they are still there, just in shitty shape. AWI will never DIE!:getsome:

D

DANSPANK

Good luck man, and I'll PM you my address so that you can send me your mtbnj jersey that you legally should no longer wear!

Have fun out there - if you want to come and join me and a chum at Jim Thorpe and Blue Marsh in two weeks then let me know - you could give me the jersey there too!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

yes...

2 of the sections were super tight and small rhythm sections that are mega skill builders but way to tight for mtb. The big sets, one 4 pack linked to a six pack would be suitable for mtb...

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
if you're a rock climber at all - you've got endless bouldering possibilities out there too.

Glancing Aft

if you're a rock climber at all - you've got endless bouldering possibilities out there too.

I used to be very into it a few years ago and still own a crashpad. Any beta for some good local spots? There's a climbing gym up in Harrisburg that I was going to try to meet some people at.

Glancing Aft

Anyone who gives a crap about Will's training and voted for the blog needs to find a life out there ;)

I'm amazed that someone voted for it too! I was sure I'd bat 100% with never coming on mtbnj again... Oh well, thankfully this isn't a democracy and I'll make that blog anyway. or maybe I wont :D

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I used to be very into it a few years ago and still own a crashpad. Any beta for some good local spots? There's a climbing gym up in Harrisburg that I was going to try to meet some people at.

meeting some locals would probably be the best way to find out what's in the area. i know i have been to hunter's rocks - which is HUGE, thing is, finding directions online is like trying to find directions to a dirt jump spot... and i couldn't get you there - its been a few years since i have been there.

there's chickies rock too:
http://www.newenglandbouldering.com/penn/penn.html

the state game lands in the area have tons of possibilities for climbing. there's a whole ridge of basalt boulders that run from delaware and cut through most of PA. a lot of the rock i climbed on in PA is similar to the sourlands.

enjoy it!

xc62701

Dood! Who am I going to get to go with me on my miserable snowy rides? Seriously have a good time out there and good luck. Don't forget to swing by and say hi sometime. We still have to get out to the Mooch so I can show ya some good stuff. I'm sure I'll be out your way for those races to so we'll have to meet up for a beer.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Hope you enjoy the marital bliss. Good luck in PA.

You forgot to mention that Will will have to buy some turtle necks to hide the whip marks.

Will, You always complained about NJ, so why do you think you are a traitor? You were never into Camaros with T tops.

Last edited:

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Die on your feet in Jersey or die on your knees in Pennsyltucky! You chose wrong my friend..............

Top Bottom