I’m content but what’s the “next big thing”?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Very different. The biggest difference is just the stiffness. A CX bike is designed to be ridden super hard for very short distances and accelerate out of corners like a bat out of hell. That translates into extremely poor road performance.
When I first rode the CAAD 9 CX TJ I had, I was like, OMG, wtf. Great for ripping around for an hour or two doe.

Joe J

Very different. The biggest difference is just the stiffness. A CX bike is designed to be ridden super hard for very short distances and accelerate out of corners like a bat out of hell. That translates into extremely poor road performance.

With many of the biggest gravel races being won on what are tagged as Cx bikes seems more about rider competence than a small change in geometry. There is even a world cup Cx'er (forget his name) doing pretty well on a Cervelo Gravel Bike.

I have never ridden a so called gravel bike but my Crux seems quite capable at either Cx or Gravel. If I need anything with bigger than 40's I'm riding my MTB or if I need to carry a weeks worth of gear I'll be on a gas powered V-Twin.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
You going custom bag for the blackborow’s “garage” or dry bag and straps?

*garage being the area between the rear wheel and seat tube.

Top Bottom