hutchinson / Barracuda Tubeless Light

cem

Manufacturer: hutchinson
Product: Barracuda Tubeless Light 26x2.1
How Long Used: 6 Months
Similar Products Michelin Wildgripper XLs Tubeless, Wildgripper Front S Tubeless
Overall Rating [1-10]: 8

Positive: Great traction in all conditions, very predictable. 2.1 run wide closer to a 2.2 if not 2.3

Negative: Wear pretty quick (obviously soft grippy tires don't last long). Developed some slow leaks, that i had trouble fixing.

Comments:These tires tend to be a bit needy, but if you follow shop advice and read the packaging you be fine.

I got these from Halter's Cycles, Jason recommended I use PROTECT'AIR, but I choose not too, hence my slow leak issues. I always ran my Michelin with no sealant, never had any issue. Also, read very carefully how to repair a puncture on these (DO NOT use sand paper!).

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Run the protect Air and they are trouble free.

The small amount of added weight is so worth zero flats or air loss.

Keep in mind that this tire also comes in an Enduro version with tougher casing.

j

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Run the protect Air and they are trouble free.

The small amount of added weight is so worth zero flats or air loss.

Keep in mind that this tire also comes in an Enduro version with tougher casing.

j

I have been running this tire on the front for a couple of month now with the protect area. Good tire overall and corners awesome. On hardpack, the transition from the center knobs to the cornering knobs is rough because there aren't transition knobs. Give you a feeling that the tire is washing out for a second, but as soon as the corner knobs grab, you are good. I really only notice when at high speed when you first dig into a corner and when it is dry and fast.

lou_b_83

I have been running the 2.3 tubeless version front and back on my Prophet for a few weeks now and I love them. I was running Maxxis High Rollers before and I think that these are just as good or better. They roll great and no problems with traction in any condition. :D

Top Bottom