Hunting Season in WMA's 2017-2018

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
For safety reasons and to avoid interference with hunting activities, access for off road cycling is reduced between September 15th and March 1st, Monday through Saturday. There are no riding restrictions on Sunday though hunting is still permitted.

In Wildcat Ridge WMA we have negotiated that the Wildcat Ridge Trail (Yellow) may be used all days and there are no riding restrictions on Sunday though hunting is still permitted.

Cyclists should make reasonable effort to avoid hunters and wear bright colors to increase visibility.

jackx

I was riding alone last weekend in Stephen's State Park I surprised a bow hunter.

I should probably try to remember to switch from my black mtb helmet to my orange road helmet when riding solo.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I should probably try to remember to switch from my black mtb helmet to my orange road helmet when riding solo.

Buy an orange bike, and join a team that has orange on the jersey, and you're all set!

jackx

Buy an orange bike, and join a team that has orange on the jersey, and you're all set!
I usually wear natural colors in the woods. You guys keep safe all year round, not just during hunting season!

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
The bear hunt starts Monday 10/9/17, please consider riding elsewhere all next week.
Penalties for interfering with hunting are significant, and the definition of interference is left to the DEP's discretion.

jackx

The bear hunt starts Monday 10/9/17, please consider riding elsewhere all next week.
Penalties for interfering with hunting are significant, and the definition of interference is left to the DEP's discretion.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Do you know if the bear hunt is legal in all the WMAs in Northern NJ? Or non-WMA areas?

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
All the WMA's including Weldon / Mahlon many state parks...details in the hunters digest.

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
Hunting with firearms has started, kindly suggest riding other places than WMAs. Sunday is bow hunting only.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
vmDC9DD.gif

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions