Hunting Season 2021

JORBA Stephens

Remember to do your friendly neighborhood hunting folk a bit of a favor and put on some kind of orange (or at least a splash) when riding during hunting season. fyi, they don't want to say hello if you pass one, not due to being unfriendly but more for stealth. Give em a node. In both instances, it is if you are inclined to do so.

JerseyPete

Keep in mind that WMA may have hunting on different days than regular state parks (like Sunday hunting).

1631235013663.png

I wonder how that is going to work out. Most hunters will probably be out of the woods early I guess.

Doubt they even know about it. They will be surprised for sure. First out of the gate at 9AM , support staff will be all through the course at least an hour before. Like I said , poor planning.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't blame the event coordinator as all they do is apply for a permit. If negligence is to be thwarted it should be to the state for accepting and approving the permit. It maybe smart to or not to add some fliers though that will encourage the dandie quadtards to do stupid stuff one would assume.

Don't blame the event coordinator as all they do is apply for a permit. If negligence is to be thwarted it should be to the state for accepting and approving the permit. It maybe smart to or not to add some fliers though that will encourage the dandie quadtards to do stupid stuff one would assume.
I didn't. It is poor planning. And I will always laugh @ quadtards. Putting a flier up assumes they will ( or can ) read. Is that their camera on that section of white down by pink? maybe post it there.

Over the Bars

Stephen's is in an early bow zone and that started yesterday there won't be any more hunters in there than any other Saturday during the season. Most hunters during this time of the year are only focused on the first few hours and last few hours of daylight it's too hot to be out in a tree all day this time of the year and the deer action Is very slow during the middle of the day. I will post something on the hunting forum I am on informing people of the race trust me no hunter wants To be anywhere near this area if there's a race going on the deer will be bedded deep in the swamps and won't be moving with all the traffic.

Between the hot weather , the mosquitos , and having to " earn -a - buck " most hunters I know are waiting until regular season ( not just SSP , but elsewhere in the state ) . That half of the mountain will be wasted with the race running laps over it. It is what it is.

But I agree " no hunter wants To be anywhere near this area if there's a race going "

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions