Permit Shotgun
November 28 - 30
December 3 - 8, 12 - 14
January 5 - February 9
Winter Bow
January 1 - February 16
No Hunting On Sundays Or Christmas

crash_in_nj

Where is zone 51? I like to avoid the places where people are hunting. I've never been shot before, but everything I've seen or heard leads me to believe it would suck pretty badly. Of course, incoming fire might encourage me to 'flow' as I ride down the trail...

Frank

Sasquatch
It's where the UFO's and aliens are kept.:D

Hunting has been limited to Bow only in the multi-use area. No firearms to worry about. I believe that it is the same this year. Will check for you.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Zones listed here: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/derzones.htm

Zone 51: That portion of Monmouth and Ocean Counties lying within a continuous line beginning at the intersection of Rt. 547 and Rt. 571 near Lakehurst; then southeast along Rt. 571 to the intersection with the Garden State Parkway; then south on the Garden State Parkway to its intersection with Rt. 72 near Manahawkin; then east along Rt. 72 the Atlantic Ocean at Ship Bottom; then north along the Atlantic coastline to the intersection with Rt. 36 in Long Branch; then west on Rt. 36 to the intersection with the Garden State Parkway near Eatontown; then south on the parkway to the intersection with 547; then south on Rt. 547 to the intersection with county route 38 (Wayside Road) at the eastern fenced boundary of Naval Weapons Station- Earle; then south along the eastern fenced boundary of Naval Weapons Station, Earle to the intersection with Rt. 34; then south on Rt. 34 to the intersection with Tinton Falls Rd. and Rt. 33; then south on Tinton Falls Rd. to the intersection with Rt. 547 (Asbury Rd.); then south on Rt. 547 through Farmingdale to the intersection with Rt. 571, the point of beginning. The Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge (Zone 58N) is excluded from Zone 51.

Frank

Sasquatch
same as last year.

The multi-use area, where we ride, is bow hunting only. No firearms are permitted. Confirmed by the park super.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Regs listed here, scroll to the bottom for Zone 51:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2007/regsets07-08.pdf

Youth Day - Firearm (1-day): November 17, 2007

Six-day Firearm (6-days): December 3 - 8, 2007

Permit Muzzleloader (61-days):
November 28 - 30 and December 3 - 8, 2007
December 10, 11, 15 - 24, 26 - 31, 2007; and January 1 - February 9, 2008

Permit Shotgun Season (43-days):
November 28 - 30 and December 3 - 8, 2007
December 12 - 14, 2007; and January 5 - February 9, 2008

Tis the season to store that white helmet and white gear and opt for the bright colors, orange never hurts :D

KenS

JORBA.ORG
The multi-use area, where we ride, is bow hunting only. No firearms are permitted. Confirmed by the park super.

Awesome. No hunter would want to sit in a stand there anyway eh? Way too much traffic and smelly dirt bags.

crash_in_nj

Thank you, gentlemen. I know like mountain bikers, most hunters are very responsible. But you never know when Dick Cheney will be around.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Thank you, gentlemen. I know like mountain bikers, most hunters are very responsible. But you never know when Dick Cheney will be around.

Speaking of which, riding with Frank following you is like hunting with Dick Cheney. The 30 minutes I just spent truing my rear wheel is proof!

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Hey, I ride and hunt, but usually the only thing I can shoot is the shit!!!!:getsome:

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions