Hunting Coyotes?

Bobcats are super-elusive.I've only seen 1 in my life and it was dead.As for the mt lion,it really is death from above....

hence your avatar? what cartoon is that cat from?

Jake did it. I think it's pete puma from bugs bunny or something.I don't know what it means nor can i do anything about it cause i can barely type let alone do that other fancy computer stuff......

Jake did it. I think it's pete puma from bugs bunny or something.I don't know what it means nor can i do anything about it cause i can barely type let alone do that other fancy computer stuff......

i remember now. i would be interested to see if he could come up with a sea hag avatar. does he specialize in cartoon characters of yester year. wily coyote would be appropriate.

Coyotes are viewed as a pest, although in the canine family, they are pests. They can terrorize family pets and livestock, and possibly children(boggie man type stuff).

They are usually not the specific target for hunters, unless they are seen near homes or livestock(mostly chickens). Most of these four leggers will be killed during shot gun season (Dec - Feb) as a sort of incidental kill; similar to the pesky sea robin that one would catch while fishing for fluke or flounder.

As for one hanging from a tree, it is not uncommon for an animal like that to be left for other carnivors, possibly hung to attrack small game to a free meal(but I can not confirm that.)

On a lighter note, hunting and fishing provides a high level of advocacy for open areas, forests, streams, and lakes. Their presence is as important as ours when fighting for parks and recreation. and coyotes do not approach people.

The mods have super powers, careful what you wish for.

I would describe it as a cross between the Wonder Twins, and that guy from the show In Living Color, Handi Man.

Last edited:
i would be stoked to see a coyote, i'm a bit of a hippy when it comes to seeing cool wildlife.

I used to take 539 in mercer cty to get to work and I saw a guy skinning a deer that was hanging from a tree 5 ft from the road one morning on the way in.
I'm a vegetarian for 10 years now and i'm not one to even talk about it, but that made me sick to my stomach everytime I drove past there. I thought our society was a little more evolved than that.

I would describe it as a cross between the Wonder Twins, and that guy from the show In Living Color, Handi Man.

I'd go with Fireman Bill. It never helps when one's had a drink or 2.

i would be stoked to see a coyote, i'm a bit of a hippy when it comes to seeing cool wildlife.

I used to take 539 in mercer cty to get to work and I saw a guy skinning a deer that was hanging from a tree 5 ft from the road one morning on the way in.
I'm a vegetarian for 10 years now and i'm not one to even talk about it, but that made me sick to my stomach everytime I drove past there. I thought our society was a little more evolved than that.

Not for nothing but the meat that many of us eat doesn't come from the Magic Meat Factory. I'm sure you've heard replies like that before and expected it. But really, it ain't pretty no matter where it's done.

Flat Tires brings up a fair enough point, that we're all in this together, this advocacy thing. Having said that, I was told yesterday that in one particular park, when they do the spring cleanup the garbage that is collected from the hunters in the winter way exceeds any totals they collect from a post-race cleanup.

i've been around cyotes my whole life. never, ever have i been even remotely afraid of them. 10 of them, different story.

ive seen plenty of coyotes, pesky little buggers i would love to shoot one if i had the chance. ive seen the mountain lion of vernon, up near the top of mountain creek when i was eating dinner at a friends house. i saw a large dead cat on 15 by the arsenal last year

Back
Top Bottom