Hunters, farmers, and a bicycle club at 6MR!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Wave to the farmers...stay out of their planted fields. ty.

The title only reflects the first couple of paragraphs - then it goes into the issues with hunters cutting across property.

Thank you for sharing @Patrick and well said re: courtesy to the farmers. The JORBA team @ 6MR has worked really hard to partner with the state and has built respect with the farmers through re-routing away from the fields and understanding that they were there first and make a living from that land. It was really nice to read the quote regarding our stewardship of the trails from a stakeholder who is not there for recreation. It takes a long time to build that kind of trust.

Kudos to @jdog @WJF @Patrick @GHM73 and everyone else who treats 6MR with such love.

walter

Fourth Party
Thank you for sharing @Patrick and well said re: courtesy to the farmers. The JORBA team @ 6MR has worked really hard to partner with the state and has built respect with the farmers through re-routing away from the fields and understanding that they were there first and make a living from that land. It was really nice to read the quote regarding our stewardship of the trails from a stakeholder who is not there for recreation. It takes a long time to build that kind of trust.

Kudos to @jdog @WJF @Patrick @GHM73 and everyone else who treats 6MR with such love.

Ken, there are several new Facebook groups emerging, primarily made up of new riders. Maybe share this on some of those pages to spread the word if it hasnt already.

NJ Gator

I wonder if also sharing the timeline it took to get 6 mile where it is today- I remember the days when I rode on muddy planks to get to the concrete bridge!

GHM73

Sounds like they just need to ban the hunting. That's the only complaint in the article.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Wave to the farmers...stay out of their planted fields. ty.

The title only reflects the first couple of paragraphs - then it goes into the issues with hunters cutting across property.

This is in part why I'm pulling all the trails I can off the edges of fields and into the woods.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions