Hugh amount of potholes this year..

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
Looks like this winter there will be hugh amount of potholes this year..
And the way the state and local government has cut back it going to be a fun spring....

picture.php

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
just gives you something to bunny hop...
this is why I ride the trek this time of year until all this crap gets gone....

Deezul

I work in Newark, on one of the industrial roads there was a pothole that someone literally threw a tire into it was so huge. I've blown tires twice on company vehicles because of potholes.

But yea, there are some definite car/bike/pedestrian eating potholes out there. I can see why they don't patch them now since a plow will just roll by and pop it up if it doesn't get enough time to pack down and cure before the next snow storm. In Newark you can report potholes to 4311, not sure about how fast they get them fixed but I see the mobile pothole repair truck around all the time.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
RonC, on my way to work I almost stopped in the left lane to take a picture if this pot hole on Rt9. The only reason I didn't was because I'm afraid if I got too close I'd fall in and nobody would ever find me...this thing had to be 2' deep and when I say 2' I really mean at least 10". It looks like it's hungry and waiting for car tires

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I figured Hugh Grant's career was in the toilet and he was driving a plow this winter.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So does this mean you were out riding that new bike of yours?

The cuts in spending have nothing to do with fixing the pot holes this time of year. As usual, only the really huge ones will be delt now bacause it doesn't make sense to fix them when we still have a few more months of freeze/thaw and possible crappy weather.

That being said, I have noticed a ton lately, the plows, freeze/thaw and salt just destroy the roads.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
My commute to work is a minefield. Damn Hugh Laurie. Must be running out of cases over there so he dug up some holes to get work.

Ron, ride your mountain bike, they like potholes.

-Jim.

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
My commute to work is a minefield. Damn Hugh Laurie. Must be running out of cases over there so he dug up some holes to get work.

Ron, ride your mountain bike, they like potholes.

-Jim.

Would not be an issue. If Hugh Jackman driving a snow plow then stops, gets out. Then gets on his mountain bike and rides over a HUGH pothole. When Hugh Grant, starts learning how to adjust for the right colors for his next project...:popcorn:

Top Bottom