Huge tree down

SpartaBard

I tried posting over at Jorba but only moderators can post in the KVSP section. Anyhow, there is a huge tree that fell down last night on the yellow trail right near the barn ruins on the west side of the Sussex Branch Trail, near the needle.

I mentioned something to a maintenance guy at KVSP, but he was not too happy to hear about it...

SpartaBard

Except that the tree is also about 2-3 feet off the ground. Enough that I was able to limbo under it, but off the bike. It would have been cool if I could ride under it though...

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I tried posting over at Jorba but only moderators can post in the KVSP section. Anyhow, there is a huge tree that fell down last night on the yellow trail right near the barn ruins on the west side of the Sussex Branch Trail, near the needle.

I mentioned something to a maintenance guy at KVSP, but he was not too happy to hear about it...

Hey Brad, we can't have crazy people like you posting over there. ;)

I dropped an email to my contact at the park. Its in their hands now. Question is a go-around likely to form or will most people opt for the limbo ? (Sean, the lanky beast, can probably step over it).

SpartaBard

Hey Brad, we can't have crazy people like you posting over there. ;)

I dropped an email to my contact at the park. Its in their hands now. Question is a go-around likely to form or will most people opt for the limbo ? (Sean, the lanky beast, can probably step over it).

A go-around will be tough, it would probably be easier to just go under the trunk, which is a couple feet off the ground.

I will be at KVSP tomorrow, so I can check on the status and maybe I will bring a folding saw to cut off some branches, which may help people get under the tree.

Spylab

It is still there. If I had a chainsaw I would have no problem going there after work to buzz the thing into a few pieces...

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
A go-around will be tough, it would probably be easier to just go under the trunk, which is a couple feet off the ground.

I will be at KVSP tomorrow, so I can check on the status and maybe I will bring a folding saw to cut off some branches, which may help people get under the tree.

cool, hit it up with the folding saw. anything that prevents the go around is a good thing.

if you hit the office, tell them you maintain trails at mahlon for Morris Trails Partnership/JORBA and you want to report the blowdown. they may look at you with two heads but if you keep poking at them (politely) they'll get on it :)

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG

Brad, got a reply back... need more exact details on the tree's location. Check your email.

SpartaBard

Brad, got a reply back... need more exact details on the tree's location. Check your email.

I swung by this morning and the tree was already cleared. Someone must have taken a chainsaw to it...:hmmm:

Otherwise trails look great there, it was a fun day at KVSP.

D

DANSPANK

I'm gonna give this place a blast tomorrow. I'll be there for about 9:30ish. Grey Audi, rack on the lid, brown stumpjumper.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Top Bottom