Hubs

Rocks & Water

I have DT Swiss 350 hubs are they on par with Hope II, if not were do they stand with the other brands and models numbers.

rlb

Are they built up or sitting in a box? DT makes good hubs, and if that's whats on your bike now I wouldn't change them. The 350s aren't the top model but next to the chain and maybe the paint, hubs are one of those things you probably just wont feel a difference after changing. Hard to compare w/ Hopes, I think they only make one model right?

Rocks & Water

There on my Tallboy SC maybe looking at a wider rim setup for it. As far I see Hope has that one model out. The level that I'm riding at I can't see spending the money on Chris Kings or on that level of hubs.

jackx

I would check to see how the pricing of the DT Swiss 350 hubs compare with Hope II. Perhaps if you can sell the complete wheel set for the cost price of the Hopes, then Hopes would be an option, otherwise maybe get wider rims for your DT Swiss 350 hubs. Good luck!

Johnny Utah

Those 350's are fine, I have even ran them on my dh bike with no issue. I would keep them and build those unless you are a tech junkie or have money to burn.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
Dt 350 hubs are one of my favorite options. They're close in weight to the hopes and are more durable in my experience. If you want an upgrade, get a set of the 36t ratchets for them and you will double your points of engagement.

alex_k

DT Swiss sealing are better than Hope and their bearings serve longer.

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Go with DT Swiss over hope, better hub all around. I broke 2 hope shells and when they replaced the 2nd I sold it. Pretty doesn't make it better.

Rocks & Water

I just would like to say thank you for the input everyone. I thought they were good hubs but you just don't here people talking them up.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Industry Nine. I think they're only twice as much as the DT350s, but, they're 10x as good so you can't really beat the value.

Seriously though, if the hubs are good, just cut them out of the wheels and lace them onto a better rim. It's normally somewhere around $400 for new rims, spokes, nipples, and build labor for a wide alloy rim like a Stan's Flow.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
FYI I a set of DT240 S Hubs/wheels I just took off bike.. Built on Stans Arch EX rims.. I have the 18 and 36 tooth setup as well.. PM me if interested.. Just posting here because of the DT talk. I will post up for sale as soon as I have time..

Top Bottom