Hows Alpine Nj?

scooter77

Just looking for somewhere to ride this coming Sunday. How's the riding at Alpine? Don't see it listed in the north jersey section.

qclabrat

calling @Whale Farts
924d8b78-f43d-4325-b882-1aadbd943872.gif

Astark

Whale Farts
It’s a blast..pretty technical in some parts but still a lot of fun. I only started riding over the summer so there are still some parts i walk/break . If you want to ride for a few hours in the morning I should be able to ride from 8-10 for sure and show you around

jvrock

Rode here this past weekend for the first time. Techy rock sections, good climbs, interesting features, and fun descents. I would say it's worth the hour drive. Enjoy!

jerzey111

Lots of fun here. A lot of fun rollers, jumps are on the side so keep eyes open side return paths. Trailforks app has the trails

mustclime

I live in Westwood and ride to the trails in alpine. When you talk about the alpine trails you should include the trails in Rockly. They are connected by “Herb’s” trail......you need someone to show you around, shoot me a pm.

qclabrat

seems like so many other better options from Staten Island for the same drive time
Chimney, High Mt, Sourlands, Mahlon...

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
seems like so many other better options from Staten Island for the same drive time
Agree. I think there's better spots to hit if your going to drive that far. When I lived in brooklyn I would hit allaire a lot (since it took almost an hour but it was a straight shot of highway driving). Ringwood off peak took about the same time. I would have ridden high mountain if I knew how good it was then.

mustclime

Certain sections can be terrible after rain. Unfortunately, many of the people that ride there could give two shits.
After a rain, I like to start the ride from Rockleigh ave. Herb’s crossover trail is much better going south when slimy.
As for the private property, yup, the Boy Scouts own most of it. The trails have been cut by bikers for bikers. The scouts are so hot to sell the land that they don’t care as long as you do not hit a scout.

scooter77

. Been hitting Chimney rock the past 4 weeks. I like to check some other stuff out. Agreed probably better options but there's others days to ride.

mustclime

depends, we getting snow? Ether way you have to climb for about a mile. the Anderson rd option is better if there is snow as people showshoe that side. the Rockleigh side gets horse traffic so there is a lot of cratering on the climb.

Top Bottom