Howdy. New to Huber/Hartshorne Area

smw

Long time rider and recently moved to Huber/Hartshorne area. I am looking to link up with riders in the area for early pm rides during the week, early rides on the weekend.

RobW

Welcome to the area, what time in morning you looking to ride? Are you looking to hammer in AM or just get out and ride?

Rob

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome to the board and the area @smw . I too am extremely close to Chapel Hill Road, and normally ride up Whipporwill Road up to Huber and Hartshorne and come back on Cooper. Dealing with a knee right now, but would be happy to run you through once I'm able to again.

Reactions: smw

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find some willing riders to provide the local scoop!
Post up a pic of your bike!
and going off a sweet jump :)

1594775198507.png

smw

Welp. I broke the Huber cherry Wed night. 12 mile out and around Huber and back. Introduced myself to a rider in the parking lot and he showed me around. I don't think he's on here but thanks! Fun terrain, watch out for the deep sand, minimal hiker traffic at 6p. Today back again 18 mile linking into Claypit and Hartshorn. Oh boy, fun climbs. Ala Pink Floyd "my quads felt just like ...two baloooons.".

TimBay

Welp. I broke the Huber cherry Wed night. 12 mile out and around Huber and back. Introduced myself to a rider in the parking lot and he showed me around. I don't think he's on here but thanks! Fun terrain, watch out for the deep sand, minimal hiker traffic at 6p. Today back again 18 mile linking into Claypit and Hartshorn. Oh boy, fun climbs. Ala Pink Floyd "my quads felt just like ...two baloooons.".
Congrats. Yeah, huber sand can be quite sketchy. Glad you had someone to show you around. It's an easy park, it's just knowing where not to go that is important.

AndyJ

minimal hiker traffic at 6p.
Welcome to the area :)

The hiker traffic usually isn't an issue during the week, even during the evening. However, it can become very crowded on weekends, especially mid-day. For weekend rides, early morning or after 5 PM or so is usually better to avoid the bulk of the crowds.

Top Bottom