How was 2007 and what in 2008?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Christ, you averaged 44 miles a day? What did you ride in 2006?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
2006 was around 11,000...My commute is almost 40 miles round trip, 5 days a week...Most days I do more on the way in...Saturdays and Sundays are long days...This year may not be as much, I'm going to do less "base" and more intensity to get my speed up, which is what I lack...I'm aiming for somewhere in the 10,000 area...It's not hard at all when you commute by bike everyday!!

-Jim.

N

Neen

Jim, you're an animal! :getsome: Wow, 16,000 miles. That's probably the total of everyone who posted so far combined!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
2006 was around 11,000...My commute is almost 40 miles round trip, 5 days a week...Most days I do more on the way in...Saturdays and Sundays are long days...This year may not be as much, I'm going to do less "base" and more intensity to get my speed up, which is what I lack...I'm aiming for somewhere in the 10,000 area...It's not hard at all when you commute by bike everyday!!

-Jim.

Jeeez...and I thought I was a steely-eyed rocket man when I threw down 200-250 miles a week back (waaaaay back) in my roadie days. If I focus on the fact those were all racing/training miles (no commute), I think I can still feel as if I were a steely-eyed rocket man back then. Nah, I'm still not worthy:)

Seriously, I am impressed. Even if I had the time to log that kinda' mileage, I don't think I have the motivation anymore :(

Tim

Glancing Aft

After thinking long and hard about it all last week during vacation in Whistler, I've decided that for 2008 I will do my first 100 mile race. As of now it's a tossup between Shenandoah 100 or Wilderness 101.
To a few folks on this site these races are a walk (ride?) in the park, but for me it will be my most intense physical challenge of my life. At this point I've never even completed a century on a road bike (furthest is about 85 miles), and the most I've completed in 24HOA was in '06 when I did about 60 miles.
I'm ready for a challenge though :D

Top Bottom