How the hell are we supposed to retire?

I ran into one of these conflicts where i pay a fee for managing the account, which they were steering into funds where the fees
to manage the funds go to the same parent company....

I'll also note that my vanguard advisebot IRA is outperforming the managed IRA by way more than just the fees.

I ran into one of these conflicts where i pay a fee for managing the account, which they were steering into funds where the fees
to manage the funds go to the same parent company....

I'll also note that my vanguard advisebot IRA is outperforming the managed IRA by way more than just the fees.
I was kind of bitching in the other thread about how it's crazy that we have these separate retirement accounts, with different rules/regulations/qualifications/etc.

Which specific Vanguard advisebot service are you using? I've been debating trying something more actively managed. I'm so hands off I don't even re-balance, so I should be considering something like that.

I was kind of bitching in the other thread about how it's crazy that we have these separate retirement accounts, with different rules/regulations/qualifications/etc.

Which specific Vanguard advisebot service are you using? I've been debating trying something more actively managed. I'm so hands off I don't even re-balance, so I should be considering something like that.

It was one of their Q&A systems that tells everyone to invest in total domestic/intl market and bonds - and provides the ratio.
i used the ratio - replaced the "total" bond funds with a junk bond fund, and threw a little money at a growth fund (i liked the managers)
Advice was free, trades were free, and it always displays a pie chart of the current, and "optimal" mix.
the bond fund has a bit more of a fee than the others - the total market fund is something like .04%

Vanguard now offers a "personal advisor" if you like to talk to people - they charge .3%/yr
They have always had a person that would chat 1 time for free, so this fills the gap for those that want a financial coach.

The chase account that I'm paying to have managed charges .7%/yr - funny thing is they invest in some vanguard accounts.
He lowers the fee a little every year because of the competition.
He has offered to take us to some events (yankees, tennis) - i'm waiting for something good to come to the area.
final 4?

well crypto has been the talk of the year but what about the downfall of tech stocks
OUCHHH! 🤒
I guess we don't want to highlight the negatives

3 month chart, my stock portfolio dropped to a fresh bottom today

well crypto has been the talk of the year but what about the downfall of tech stocks
OUCHHH! 🤒
I guess we don't want to highlight the negatives

3 month chart, my stock portfolio dropped to a fresh bottom today

if you were good at buying them, you should be good at selling them.
why didn't you get out?
if you say anything about the market, then you should not be in individual stocks.
(although market is down >2% over the last couple days)
they started thinking about the apple do-not-track and what that does to FB and Goog.
NBD, they'll still figure it out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom