How Often For Scheduled Servicing

Kaleidopete

I was just browsing the Trek website and was shocked to see their recommended servicing schedule.
They're recommending every 50 hours! Wow! That would be once a month for me. I never even thought
of this, I lube and clean the chain and check tire pressure once in a while. Maybe once a year a new chain
and sprocket and brake pads. I'm usually at 4000 miles 700 hours a year. This recommended servicing is
blowing my mind. Is this really how it's supposed to be? $175 + parts every month.

Capture.JPG

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I think this is kinda like when pep boys still recommends oil changes every 3k when most modern cars triple that.

However, 50 hours for air service for fork and shock is a pretty good. I think fox recommends 30-50. If you do consistent maintenance these overhauls aren't needed.

bergsnj

I find the component that needs service more than anything else is my dropper post. I usually need to send it in for a rebuild once a year. doing a lower leg service on the fork and oil change on the shock is a good idea once or twice a year but for a non-pro i believe 50 hours is overkill.

Becks

After every ride I wash my MTB, especially if riding Six Mile's fine silt trails. Fork and seat post get wiped down with slick honey bike grease after every wash.
A little goes a long way.
Depending on my mileage, I remove tires, wipe down and reload sealant. I use dry lube for the chain do to silt @ Six Mile. Fork and BB I tear down once a year based on my mileage on the MTB.

Top Bottom