How Much weight do you want to loose or gain this year?

How Much weight do you want to loose or gain this year?

• I don’t want to loose or gain any weight this year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gain up to 5 Pounds

• Gain More then 10 Pounds

• Loose 1 to 3 Pounds

• Loose 4 to 6 Pounds

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Loose 7 to 10 Pounds

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Loose 11- 15 Pounds

• Loose 16- 25 Pounds

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Loose 25-50 Pounds

• Loose More than 50 Pounds

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
It’s not our fate as Americans to be habitually over-weight. But it seems every where you look there’s fast food along with ample amounts of ale and other calorie laden goodies.

Not that we all need to be as thin as Kate Moss, but who doesn’t feel a little over weight after the holidays? (Okay my neighbor complained to me he lost 3 pounds). Me on the other hand have the “Fat” gene. I’m not sure of the ideal weight of a mountain biker. I imagine it could a bit more than roadie of equal stature? Shouldn’t a MTB have more muscle and core strength?

Me at 5’ 9.5” currently hovering around 165 lbs, could I consider myself fat? Just a few days ago, my sister-in-law, claimed I was “skinny”? So even though I lost 30 pounds this year and 5 inches off the waist line could I still stand to loose an additional 10 pounds?

Even if Lance Armstrong is
weight—five-foot-ten, 165 pounds
I’m half inch shorter, his reported height has been mixed before and after cancer, most of us shrink as we age, something to do with bone density.

Either way, I like to loose more (weight) as I always seem to find it (gain it back)!

A swimmer told me its about life style changes. For me no matter how I loose I still have the perennial beer belly, even though I stopped hoisting pints over 8 months ago.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I am 5' 8" and maybe a half and am usually around 160 +/-. While my belly could use some tightening, I wouldn't say I need to loose weight. So, stay the same.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
The best XC / endurance MTBers are pretty damn skinny. More muscle than your average ultramarathoner, but not much. Absolon is around 155-160 at six foot.
I'm skinny or normal as far as my wife, family and friends are concerned, but being competitive in endurance sports has nothing to do with "looking good." Ideally I'd drop 15 pounds by May, which for a somewhat-fit five six guy, isn't easy. But if it makes a huge difference in my athletics, and it should, I'm on it.

So would losing weight help you compete/train? Um, yeah.

Mare

Macman - you are quite the poll... umm.... uhh...what's with all these polls?

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
What's "loose weight"?

Stuff that jiggles?
should be lose weight,

my bad

maybe its a freudian, its not the weight itself its turning the "jiggly stuff to muscle", and keeping it that way

actually losing 10 lbs of the jiggly stuff and getting back 5 lbs of the "lean (muscle)" stuff, that's what i'm talking about

put it this way, "i wanna get the figure the chamber made had at mountain man, (s)he's taller and she didn't have the loose (jiggly stuff) weight

no need for the endo she had coming off the tarmac on lap 2 (or was it lap 1??)

Shaggz

A strong 7
Funny, he doesn't look Polish.
But I hear he plays one on TV:

flowershop-multi-surface-polish.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom