How much do you believe in Insurance?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
That's your opinion. The data says otherwise:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3222401/

How does that address my statement? This doesn't disclaim or prove my statement this approaches the impact of obesity on life expectancy which is a narrow scope. It doesn't review the level of care available obese people.

It doesn't claim this is the only reason or other contributing factors.

Also bmi is a shit measurement to base overall health.

Objectives. The United States has the highest prevalence of obesity and one of the lowest life expectancies among high-income countries. We investigated the relationship between these 2 phenomena

rick81721

Lothar
How does that address my statement? This doesn't disclaim or prove my statement this approaches the impact of obesity on life expectancy which is a narrow scope. It doesn't review the level of care available obese people.

It doesn't claim this is the only reason or other contributing factors.

Also bmi is a shit measurement to base overall health.

US has the highest obesity rate of all developed countries - fact. Obesity leads to poorer health and lower life expectancy - fact. You claim the reason EU lives longer and is healthier is due to socialized medicine. Where's the data?

1TrackMind

these infographics can be/are (likely designed to be) misleading, the factors are not measured in a universal manner across all countries. For example, US would have a better infant mortality rate if it didn’t consider a 3 month term baby a birth, as such it goes against infant mortality, european countries would consider a it a miscarriage and therefore not an infant mortality. I might be off on the details, but concept is the same, universal standards aren’t being applied. When apples to apples US does much better, but of course room for improvement. The book Data Detectives does a better job explaining this than me.

rick81721

Lothar
these infographics can be/are (likely designed to be) misleading, the factors are not measured in a universal manner across all countries. For example, US would have a better infant mortality rate if it didn’t consider a 3 month term baby a birth, as such it goes against infant mortality, european countries would consider a it a miscarriage and therefore not an infant mortality. I might be off on the details, but concept is the same, universal standards aren’t being applied. When apples to apples US does much better, but of course room for improvement. The book Data Detectives does a better job explaining this than me.

Exactly. That chart is basically worthless.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
There has been a bit of a void around here of posting skewed data that affirms my beliefs since the COVID thread basically went away.
Well, than there's still a chance.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
US has the highest obesity rate of all developed countries - fact. Obesity leads to poorer health and lower life expectancy - fact. You claim the reason EU lives longer and is healthier is due to socialized medicine. Where's the data?

Guy I'm not retired give me a min

Read that for me tell me if it works in my favor I only have time for headlines lol

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Well, than there's still a chance.

Nah don't worry NJ got rid of the mask mandate for kids we commit to decisions regardless of how bad they are

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Nah don't worry NJ got rid of the mask mandate for kids we commit to decisions regardless of how bad they are
My wife is a project manager. She is currently restoring the NYC Covid testing and Vaccination sites back to their original uses. The plan was to move all the refrigerators back to their original locations. About two weeks ago they decided it might be safer to keep these things handy in storage for a while just to be safe.

rick81721

Lothar
Guy I'm not retired give me a min

Read that for me tell me if it works in my favor I only have time for headlines lol

Not really:

"In most cases, the US line never crosses either the English or European lines, indicating that US adults reported worse health than English or other Europeans at every wealth level." If better health insurance was a key factor, wealthy Americans would be as or more healthy than Europeans. They are not.

"Features of the US health care system may contribute to the worse health of Americans compared with Europeans."

millersues

I believe in it all one hundred percent. If you insured your car at a good company, you would never have problems with it. Also, it is important to know what modifications to choose. You can read about the most useful on moneyexpert.com. For example, last year I have lost my car keys. Luckily I had keys coverage from my insurance company. I went to a car repair shop, and they opened it, and the insurance company paid for all the work. Now I have two pairs of keys. One I am using, and the second is at home, in case this happens again.

Top Bottom