How many races have you done?

xc62701

Similar to the racing poll I'm curious as to how many races you've done and in which discipline? Also how many years have you raced thus far?

3 Years - 1 Sport - 2 Expert
XC: 27
Endurance 100 Mile: 5
Endurance 24 Hr: 2
Endurance 40-50 Mile: 3
Time Trial: 4
Short Track: 1
Hill Climb: 1
Cyclocross: 1
Road Race: 3
Running Race: 1
Triathlon: 3
Adventure Race: 1

BiknBen

How many races have you done?

I'll take a picture of my pile of race numbers when I get home. I started to hang them on the wall but ran out of space. ;)

I highly recommend to any new racer, write something on your number plate and save it. Just results, a short story, or a book. It is kinda cool to go back and relive the experience. I usually write down the date, location, class, and my result out of how many starters.

Maurice

Started racing in 2004, but I did do some road racing when I was young(er), a lifetime ago.

MTB:
1 season Sport
2 seasons Expert
2 seasons Semi-pro
Moving to Pro this coming season

I do 12-15 XC races per season.

I also started racing on the road late 2007, did 5 races, then 15 races give or take in 2008.

And 5 'cross races in 2008.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
four total
h2h
1- beginner, mid-pack finish after a mechanical
2- sport races, one DNF, one DFL

drrrrunken hill climb: SS class
1- mtbnj.com undisputed, uncontested champion! :getsome:

:D

Kmoodymz3

Last year only 4 races but 3 were hundies so I have >315 miles and >34 hours of racing for 2008. Have not yet decided which races I'm doing for 2009.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
1994 - 3 beginner races
1995 - 18 (6 beginner/12 sport)
1996 - 19 sport
1997 - 18 (4 sport /14 expert)
1998 - 16 expert
1999 - 16 expert
2000 - 17 expert (1 50 miler)
2001 - 13 expert
2002 - 15 expert (1 50 miler & 2 road tandem TT)
2003 - 13 expert (2 road tandem TT)
2004 - 12 expert (1 road tandem TT)
2005 - 15 expert (1 stage race)
2006 - 17 expert
2007 - 11 expert (1 24hr)
2008 - 11 expert (1 24hr & 2 super-d & 1 cyclecross)

How does someone my age remember all this ?? .... I use a log to write them down. I had no expectations of any long term or expert racing when I started, but my friend told me write everything down. I thought I was crazy to do so, but it came in handy for resumes down the line. So don't feel shy about keeping track of your first races. You will always want to remember them.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I started racing in '07 albeit in the late 90's I did a race or 2, or at least I had a number on my bike;)

2007 I did 35+ races. 1 sport mtb the rest expert. Cat3 CX and the upped to Cat2. and all Cat 5 road races.

2008 I did 24. Expert mtb, Cat2 CX, Cat4 road.

from 99-03 I competed in observed trials, from beginner to pro.

-Jim.

Last edited:

Dan

4 - ironman
2 - 1/2 ironman
20 - marathons
1 - ultra
5 - 24hr mtb
tons of road, cross, tri, du, time trial and mtb races

No wonder my wife and kids forget what I look like sometimes.

fasterthanliam

4 - ironman
2 - 1/2 ironman
20 - marathons
1 - ultra
5 - 24hr mtb

Did you forget about the race to White Castle. Which I won.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
4 - ironman
2 - 1/2 ironman
20 - marathons
1 - ultra
5 - 24hr mtb

all that going on and you actually still have a wife and kids??
you are my bruce lee. teach me great one.

BiknBen

I started racing in '07 albeit in the late 90's I did a race or 2, or at least I had a number on my bike;)

I know...I was there.

My first MTB Race ever. Spring Returns, Ringwood State Park, March 1996. Beginner Men 19-34

Results
Name...........Place........Time
Jim Vreeland....41...........46:10
Ben Tufford.....53...........48:10
http://www.rvccmtb.com/rsltmain.htm

Jim, you only beat me cause my chain broke. ;)

C.Puncher

I did one road race in 1977.......3rd place
I stopped for a while, and began racing in the woods. ( 2003) Did two races per year til 05. One of which was a 24hr race. ( Allamuchy )
Did five or six sport races in H2H.
This year I did the entire MASS series (sport ss) missed 3 venues due to injury and conflicting races.
I added the Wilderness 101, and the Stoopid 50 to the mix, as well as Tymor Park Challenge. Of course there was Allamuchy.
I finished the season with 7 cyclocross races.
I can't wait til next season..............yee............haw.......

BiknBen

I no longer count. How bout a picture instead? I have done more road races than MTB only cause they are more frequent. There are 6 or 7 running race numbers in there as well.

CIMG5184Small.jpg

These never made it to the wall.

CIMG5185Small.jpg

cyclocrossfool

road ;citizen (1990), cat 4, masters 35+- 1990-2004 , average 20-30 year . mountain; 2007-8, 2009-9, cyclocross; 2002-4, 2003-9, 2004-8, 2005-9, 2006-22, 2007- 19, 2008-18, =89 . total would be anywhere from 400-550.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I did a Coors Lite road race at the shore circa 1994. I did not do to well and lost interest in road riding and then focused on MTB. I dont race because i fear the consequensense of trying to beat DHSean by any fraction of any second. Those who race in my age/style group seem to be more dedicated than my self - and cudos to them.

I give respect to anyone who sets time/goals aside to race. I am purley a Freerider and happy to say so.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
I started racing three years ago... 2 years sport, 1 year expert. Expert again next year in the new age group (19-29). Started racing road last year, now a Cat 3 roadie and Cat 3 CX.

lets see how well I remember...

XC: 35
Time Trial: 2
Short Track: 3 - Only at Nationals though...
Cyclocross: 15ish
Road Race: 21ish?
Running Race: 3 - just local 5ks...

Actually, my first race was when I was 13. I was running cross country and mountain biking at the same time. So my dad decided to sign me up for a race - a biathlon!! 2 mile run, 12 mile bike, 2 mile run. Jesus, I was 13!! I won the U15 category though! :)

Bonus points: Anyone know the LOCAL biathlon that happens in November that is 2 mile run, 12 mile bike, 2 mile run?

1 point for local, 3 points for name :D

BiknBen

Bonus points: Anyone know the LOCAL biathlon that happens in November that is 2 mile run, 12 mile bike, 2 mile run?

1 point for local, 3 points for name :D

I assume you are talking about the Mountain Man Bi at Lewis Morris.

Give me my points.!!! :getsome:

S

Shar0se

Pixy..... wow- your resume is impressive-- you have a ridiculous amount of experience! Luv the pics BiknBen!

As for me.....

4 XC Beginner Races
1 Adventure Race
1 Biathalon
a bunch of running races.....

Top Bottom