How many races have you done?

ellenserruto

Three years ago I showed up at LM 2 weeks after I purchased my first Mt bike a cannondale rush. My decision to but a mtb came after a few days of riding in Switzerland earlier that month. A friend told me about the H2H races and insisted that I try Sport because Beginner would be too easy. I basically had no idea what I was doing(still don't) and just got in everyone's way. The racers I met that day were so welcoming and enthusiastic that I had to have more!

I haven't kept track of how many races but every year its more.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I no longer count. How bout a picture instead?

CIMG5184Small.jpg

Looks cool Ben, and looks a lot like my basement. I've caight the neighborhood kids peeking in my basement window, and then they asked for number plates for their bikes. I generally equip the whole neighborhood posy.

Glancing Aft

XC Beginner - 2
XC Sport - 15
XC Single Speed - 1
Short Track - 1
Endurance - 2
24 Hrs - 2
Duathalon - 1
Triathalon (ski, bike, run) - 1

Running - 50+ (1 Marathon)
Skiing - Slopestyle (Park) - 2
Ski Racing - 50+
Sailboat Racing - 50+
Adventure Race - 1

On the table for 2009. First real triathlon, first marathon (100 miler), and first cyclocross race.

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
XC Beginner - 4
XC Sport - 1
24hrs - 4
All-A-Muchy - 2 (is that endurance?)....I miss it :(
Road (Century) - 3

sixseven

I did one last summer, xc beginner. I had a great time doing it, having no idea what to expect. I got 3rd place so next one I will move up to sport.

Wanted to do the 24 hours of Allamuchy but it was going to get to expensive with the lights and all that stuff, plus the fee was kind of high.

I would like to do some more races this year, maybe try some DH racing and that DH/XC format one.

Mare

Ellen - I am super impressed you have only been riding a few years and you ride well!

Pixy - I am in awe over how long you have been racing expert....I get tired looking at your list!

I bow down to you both!!!

Ben - I can take a pic of my numbers, but they fit a span of about 8 feet, in a single row.

I did 1 beginner race in 2006, 1 in 2007, then did 7 sport races in 2008. Next year will probably be close to 2008, throwing in whatever else I may have energy for.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
*xc- loads of em in the early - mid nineties. a couple in the late nineties, then a few in the last three years. all in the mid-atlantic area.
*24hr- 1 on a coorporate team in 99 or 2000. 3 solo in 06/07. allamuchy and churn & burn.
*multi-day stage race- 1 in costa rica, 1 in alaska
*biketrials- somewhere between 6 and 10 in the mid-late nineties and early 00's. from west virginia to new hampshire.
*100m's- 2 attempts in '08. 1 failure due to broken handlebar, 1 failure due to extreme weather condition and a 'hasty' retreat. both in alaska.

don

I raced a bunch of BMX from 1982-1988. Pretty much every week - outdoor then indoor all around MA and New England from age 11-17.

I did some MTB races in MA, RI and VT when I lived in Boston. And the VT 50 miler a few times but that was more just trying to finish. When I moved to NJ I did a few XC races.

The only recent race I did was a reunion at my old hometrack in '07 with some of the dudes I ran against BITD. I was happy just to ride but got a couple good gate starts and got a 1st and 2nd in the Cruiser mains. Here's the vid from the one of the mains - I'm 2nd place in the dk jersey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OFc2VOKjQ

Now, I'm the same mindset of FFT - purely a freerider, or maybe soulrider. IDK, I just like to ride now as much as I can which isn't much. Beside I'm old and out of shape and have 3 kids that take up a little time. I also agree with him and definitely give props to anyone who make the time and set goals to race.

Eileen

8 races in beginner H2H
24 Hours of Allamuchy Solo
ITC Triathlon
Moutain Man

8 races in sport H2H
24 Hours of Allamuchy Solo
Nationals at Mt Snow - XC, Super D
Darkorse 40
Mountain Man

More of the same :getsome:

M

Mtnbikechick

By the fourth page of these race posts, I'm out of breath just reading all of them! Most impressive............ Ben -- I can see why you posted a photo... cripes! We'd be here all day reading your entries!!! ;)

Racing since 1996... started with a running marathon (God's Country Marathon/Potter County, PA)... what can I say?? I'm a glutten for punishment! Placed a respectable 2nd in my division... (then again, there were probably only TWO in my division! HA)... Since then, went on to run 5 more marathons... all God's Country... and Philadelphia Marathon a couple times...

Multitude of runs... 5K, 10K, 10-milers, 1/2 marathons...

July/Aug. 2001 Bought my first mountain bike...

Sept. 2001 First XC MTB Race (Laurel Challenge, northcentral PA). Second race was Michaux... I've completed maybe a dozen more between then and 2007... including one short track.

2001-2005 (miscellany):
2 Adventure Races
2 14-mile trail runs (Western NY/ Allegheny County)
1 Mt. Penn Mudfest Trail Run... 9 Miles

2008:
11 XC MTB Races
1 Team Relay
2 Endurance Races (Darkhorse 40 & Stoopid 50)
1 12-hour mtb race (Ole Bull Midnight Madness)
1 24-hour mtb race (Allamuchy)
1 Cyclocross race

:drooling: That's all she wrote...................................................

2009... BRING IT ON!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom