How Many Races are you Planning on doing in 2009?

How Many Races are you Planning on doing in 2009?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 3 8.1%

Votes: 3 8.1%

Votes: 4 10.8%

• 6-10

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • 10-20

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • 20-40

• more than 40

• Total voters

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
It's not too soon to start thinking about the 2009 race season. For those who race, are you planning your events yet? Are you doing more? Less? the Same ones?

In 2009 I hope to do at least 4 races. Although if I had my races I'd do closer to ten-fold that (40 or so). Okay I'm an arm chair athlete. I like to sit in front of the TV, (with the sound off please) and look at books, magazines, or Internet and plot out my wannabe gadgets, races etc.

So this year I hope to do 2 races that I did last year plus hopefully one H2H race and a Winter Triathlon.

1. Pine Hill Arms Triathlon March 21, 2009
  2. Wyckoff Y Triathlon (it's actually in Franklin Lakes)
  3. Mountain Man Biathlon ( I think its really a duathlon, but what do I know)
  4. H2H July 26 - #5 The Lewis Morris Challenge

Actually prefer training then the race them selves, but having a few events during the year gives me an excuse to train harder.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
-high schools state championship thing
-h2h series
-singlespeed-a-palooza
-some mass series
-24 hrs of allamuchy
-one of the nycmtb races
-i'd really like to race an allycat, but i doubt it's gonna happen
-some cyclocross later in the season
-whatever else comes up and tickles my fancy

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I think I did 24 in '08 and I missed a few that I would have liked to do and I missed the Prospect Park training series, so this year should be in the 30-35 range. In '07 I did 42 so if I feel good that's about my max.

-Jim.

gtluke

The Moped
I'm going to all the H2H races to cheer on my friends and take pictures. Hopefully by the end of this year I'll have made enough money combined with the wedding gigs to buy a new camera body to replace my aging d80 If I can find a team I'm going to race the 24 hours of allamuchy since it's FAR less competative when you can't tell who's in what place. I can't stand aggressive competition. It just doesn't work well with my nerves and I just end up sucking horribly and not having fun.
We were supposed to race on "team no tights" but Utah has to go to some wedding in california or something, fag.
I think I'm supposed to be the official MTBNJ photographer this year too.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We were supposed to race on "team no tights" but Utah has to go to some wedding in california or something, fag.

Please, dont remind me!! Im so F*cking pissed about it! I had been planning on doing that race since last year.

Me and luke might have to miss the bulldog race if we do the 24hrs of lemons car race.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
The H2H series is the best series I have done :D, so that will be in my plans for 09, as well as Williams Lake. Other than that, there are trails to build, mr pixy's schedule, my teammates needs, and hoping to fit in 4 all girl pre-rides, so I'll see what other races I can fit in after that. On the considering list: .... Singlespeedapalooza, Windham, Mt Snow, 24HOA, and less likely: National Championships in Colorado or Master World Championships in France.

I am actually more stoked about trail building this year, but it's good balance to think racing as well. That's one of the great things about paydirt and racing. They are like peas and carrots.

secondspeed02

races added endurance...

Its up to you but i'd notice you like endurance races. Try this years Allumuchy 24hr race in August its a blast dont worry all fun... Only 2002 &2003 were truely a testment if you race it...- 3 massive hills & long rock garderns 11miles n' one loop ... This year im racing singlespeed... think about it have fun out there peace
EM

It's not too soon to start thinking about the 2009 race season. For those who race, are you planning your events yet? Are you doing more? Less? the Same ones?

In 2009 I hope to do at least 4 races. Although if I had my races I'd do closer to ten-fold that (40 or so). Okay I'm an arm chair athlete. I like to sit in front of the TV, (with the sound off please) and look at books, magazines, or Internet and plot out my wannabe gadgets, races etc.

So this year I hope to do 2 races that I did last year plus hopefully one H2H race and a Winter Triathlon.

1. Pine Hill Arms Triathlon March 21, 2009
  2. Wyckoff Y Triathlon (it's actually in Franklin Lakes)
  3. Mountain Man Biathlon ( I think its really a duathlon, but what do I know)
  4. H2H July 26 - #5 The Lewis Morris Challenge

Actually prefer training then the race them selves, but having a few events during the year gives me an excuse to train harder.

kush

I'm going target to do most of the H2H, maybe some MASS.

I will try to do half of those on the SS.

And at least one 24hr team race

Will also like to do SS specific races. Speaking of which, does anyone have a linkie for the Singlespeedapalooza?

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Its up to you but i'd notice you like endurance races. Try this years Allumuchy 24hr race in August its a blast dont worry all fun... Only 2002 &2003 were truely a testment if you race it...- 3 massive hills & long rock garderns 11miles n' one loop ... This year im racing singlespeed... think about it have fun out there peace
EM
thanks, i do like endurance events, allamuchy is a good area too
http://www.24hoursofallamuchy.com/

xc62701

As of now I'll be doing all of the H2H but Lewis Morris, 4 of the NUE 100 Races(Tennessee,Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia), Wyckoff Triathlon, Darkhorse 40, Darkness @ 909 and maybe even the Visit PA stage race. Oh and a couple of road races to warm up for the mtb season so about 23 total. I can't wait.

Glancing Aft

As of now I'll be doing all of the H2H but Lewis Morris, 4 of the NUE 100 Races(Tennessee,Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia), Wyckoff Triathlon, Darkhorse 40, Darkness @ 909 and maybe even the Visit PA stage race. Oh and a couple of road races to warm up for the mtb season so about 23 total. I can't wait.

That list seems to be missing something... oh yeah Michaux... let the excuses begin...

As for me...
- 4 Michaux Races
- Wilderness 101
- As many MASS Races as Possible.
- SingleSpeed-A-Palooza
- Darkhorse 40
- 24 Hours of Allamuchy
- 24 Hours of Seven Springs
- 2 Triathlons
- A few Cross Races in the Fall
- Possibly a road race or two

Last edited:

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
trail run race in da catskills

ESCARPMENT TRAIL RUN 30 Kilometers (18.6 miles) from Windham to North Lake in Haines Falls, NY
Long Distance Experience Required!

2009: Sunday, July 26, 9:01AM, Windham NY, Rt 23
http://escarpmenttrail.com

this event is definately on the radar within the next few years

one of these days i want to do this event, last weekend i did more than 10 miles trail running in wissahickon (philly), 2300 feet gain, one incline was over 40%,

btw: a trail runner i met in wiss. philly, had a titanium hip replacement, probably in his 60s, as he spoke about the popularity of the park (wissahickon) in the 70s with trail run races were frequent there back in the day, now I spotted one on the internet, i think its also in july, that's how i ened up running out of old "Rittenhouse Town"

overall i find trail running an area before mtb'ing a good way to do reconnesence

Top Bottom