How Many Pokemon You get Today Bro

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was riding yesterday and I saw a dad with 2 kids and he was on the phone. They all had bikes, 1 kid had a Pokemon shirt. They looked happy.

You know, the world is a better place when people are happy. Those complaining should try it sometime.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I was riding yesterday and I saw a dad with 2 kids and he was on the phone. They all had bikes, 1 kid had a Pokemon shirt. They looked happy.

You know, the world is a better place when people are happy. Those complaining should try it sometime.

I don't know ... "happy" sounds like a lot of work ...

Seriously, no problem with a dad playing this stuff with his kids or whatever. (I'd probably be less okay if it was a dad playing with someone else's kids, though. You know, because that sounds a bit creepy.) I question the so-called "adults" who are playing it on their own. There are plenty of things you can do with your time that don't include chasing imaginary cartoon characters. And if that's the only thing that makes you happy, then maybe it's time to take a look at yourself. Because that really seems to imply an inability or unwillingness to grow the fuck up. I saw the early echoes of behavior like this way back when I was teaching. I used to have college age kids coming up to me throwing tantrums because I wouldn't change their grades just because they wanted them changed - I mean, they were unambiguously shitty at the coursework and no reasonable person would have even thought to ask for a change in grade given their level of shittiness. But they acted like spoiled little kids who wanted what they wanted and were going to stomp around if they didn't get it. Fast forward now and people who are around the same age they were then (or older) are chasing imaginary cartoon characters around cities. But, hey, if it makes them happy, whatever. I could just never respect or take anyone seriously who would choose to spend their time doing that for their own sake.

Mic360

A year ago I couldn't take a person wearing tights riding a bike around seriously but then I tried it and now I wear a bib, under my baggies of course. To each his own. Don't knock it till.you try it.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I saw 2 kids near Mercer Meadows at lunch that were wondering around someones front yard, one looking at a phone, the other a tablet. The point they were looking for was presumably across the road, so I yelled to them "over there, over there!" while pointing frantically. It was frightening to see how quickly they mobilized to move locations while at the same time yelling "Where, Where!!)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
get accustom to augmented reality.
it is going to be huge - and in some cases it already is.

oh, and if you are following that tesla accident, and autonomous cars - they won't be driving in a vacuum.
they will know that a car is pulling out, and negotiate passing before or after (you might pay for priority!)
and there has been articles about autonomous ethics (crash into a crowd crossing a street or kill the occupant)
this won't happen either, cause the car will know the crowd is there well before getting to it.

have you used the real-time translation through the camera in the google translate app?

its a brave new world, like 1984.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

oh, and if you are following that tesla accident, and autonomous cars - they won't be driving in a vacuum.
they will know that a car is pulling out, and negotiate passing before or after (you might pay for priority!)
and there has been articles about autonomous ethics (crash into a crowd crossing a street or kill the occupant)
this won't happen either, cause the car will know the crowd is there well before getting to it.

have you used the real-time translation through the camera in the google translate app?

A coworker just used the real time translate whilst in Europe, pretty crazy.

I see the advantages of autonomous vehicles, yet you can program to predict the future so just like human driven cars, accidents will happen.

Patrick

Staff member
A coworker just used the real time translate whilst in Europe, pretty crazy.

I see the advantages of autonomous vehicles, yet you can program to predict the future so just like human driven cars, accidents will happen.

there will be accidents - but they will be accidents, less the result of stupidity.

Patrick

Staff member
not bad.
13662131_913190652140176_3102636483444381518_o.jpg

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
If I were the creators of this thing, I'd make it so you could get a billion points (or whatever the hell you get for doing this stupid shit) if you pay a certain amount, and then I'd keep teasing that amount upward to see just how far these morons will go.
Spoken like a true race promoter

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

then hackers will hack the system and everyone's car will start driving like they are attempting to do a cha-cha on wheels, with the heat on when it's 90 degrees out.

Patrick

Staff member
then hackers will hack the system and everyone's car will start driving like they are attempting to do a cha-cha on wheels, with the heat on when it's 90 degrees out.

they've already looked at weaponizing traffic lights/toll booths/draw bridges....

gps can be taken off-line, spoofed, or intentionally repositioned.

at least they can navigate by the stars on a clear night.

my kid picked up a couple pokemon on the way home from camp.

EJphotos

Kids have been swarming downtown Toms River the past few days, going crazy with this game, phones in their faces, walking around in circles, almost walking into incoming traffic. Kinda scary, someone's gonna get hurt.

Patrick

Staff member
btw -
there are in-game purchases...

Pokémon Go is a free-to-play mobile app that you can download for iOS orAndroid. It’s free to download and start playing, but you have the option to use real money to buy in-game currency called PokéCoins. (Between $0.99 for 100 PokéCoins and up to $99.99 for 14,500.) Those PokéCoins are used to purchase Pokéballs, the in-game item you need to be able to catch Pokémon. Now you don’t have to spend real money, but that simply means you need to pay with your time and energy (which is the fun of it, anyway!).

Patrick

Staff member
and......

In other words, Pokemon Go almost made more revenue in a single day than every other mobile app combined. In addition, the report suggests that the app may be bringing in first-time mobile gaming spenders. Less than 53 percent of users who spent money in Pokemon Go had made one or zero mobile game purchases in the last six months.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I was smart, I would hire 10's of developers, make a clone of the game, release it in a week and make half millions.

Top Bottom