How low is to low(psi)

JDurk

Need details bro, how much you weigh? Inner width of your rims? Tire size/brand?

General rule of thumb, your PSI should be just enough that you're not burping sealant, rolling tires, or denting rims.

Like this:
Fat and 240lbs. Stan'sFlow EX 25.5mm, Ardents EXO/TR 2.4f/2.25r @ 18-20psi front, 20-22psi rear. No burping or folding and rim strikes are very rare.

Last edited:

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
But you let him go... on “no” and “know” :p
1565971918453.png

jklett

Lower it a few pounds at a time until it feels a bit vague or you start tagging the rim then up it a hair. It should feel planted and compliant on the rear and crisp but not chattery on the front. You'll know when you get it right, just keep messing with it on a section of trail that has varying terrain.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Damn bro. You running tubes? My understanding is tire size and weight matter. Dont let these 140lb people tell you 15psi. I'm heavy, so I run about 23 front 25 rear. I also do dumb noob shit like try to bunny hop and slam my rear wheel into roots and rocks, which is why I have a dented rim.

I'm running 29er 2.3 front and 2.2 rear. Smaller the tire, more pressure is needed...so I'm told.
@UtahJoe is not close to 140lbs i can tell you that much

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Lower it a few pounds at a time until it feels a bit vague or you start tagging the rim then up it a hair. It should feel planted and compliant on the rear and crisp but not chattery on the front. You'll know when you get it right, just keep messing with it on a section of trail that has varying terrain.

I'm always tagging the shit out of my wheel

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
You're feeling the rim hit at 30psi? That's surprising.

I'm going to pick up another pressure gauge maybe mine is off but I know if I hit 33 I'm good

I'm more concerned about feel because I want to drop pressure because I am always spinning out of a climb

Top Bottom