How long 'till my wife finds out about my new wheels???

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
So yesterday I became the owner of a "Hand Me Down" Kona Stinky 5.0. I got a good deal since a buddy wanted to get rid of it.

I came home yesterday and put it on a bike stand in my garage right in front of where my wife parks her car. Granted, she had her bike there before and I just put this one in-front, it is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER! I have my 2 other bikes hanging from the ceiling so you would think she would notice another bike there. It is more than 24hrs now and still no word about it :D

Anyway, I hope she never finds out 'cause I will be in a lot of trouble :p
I don't think that my argument, that I least I didn't go out and buy the AS-X for $3,000 that I wanted, will convince her that I made the right choice.

So, this Friday afternoon I will go to El Diablo to do my official first ride with this bike. :getsome:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
:D good deal!! but don't blow it at the Churn N Burn later this year, since she is planning on joining me as my support team.

I told her all about this dude with the long beard that camped next to me who had a support team and how cool was that, so I am dragging her butt with me this year to keep my Gatorade cold ;)

I'll be like "Honey, this is the guy that never picked up his bike!" :D

anrothar

entirely thrilled
and i'll be like:

"WHOOOAAAAHHHHH MAAAAAANNNNN!!!!! i like, so totally forgot about that bike! farrr out!" that should be enough to scare her off asking anymore questions.

SpartaBard

:

I told her all about this dude with the long beard that camped next to me who had a support team and how cool was that, so I am dragging her butt with me this year to keep my Gatorade cold ;)

:D

Sean you have a support team? Why are Shaggz and I not part of it. I can pump up tires pretty well, and Shaggz can shine those reflectors of yours until they are blinding...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Sean you have a support team? Why are Shaggz and I not part of it. I can pump up tires pretty well, and Shaggz can shine those reflectors of yours until they are blinding...

my sister had a business meeting in the area for that race, so she came along and did an awesome job. she also pitted for me at 24 o mooch too. she rules. you guys can be my support team if you want. there's really not much to go wrong with my bikes, so it should be a really easy job.

SpartaBard

my sister had a business meeting in the area for that race, so she came along and did an awesome job. she also pitted for me at 24 o mooch too. she rules. you guys can be my support team if you want. there's really not much to go wrong with my bikes, so it should be a really easy job.

Nice! I will bring my nice lightly used set of park tools. :getsome:

Sorry for the thread hijack...:rolleyes:

D

DANSPANK

then i'll say:

"tell ya what, i'll sell it to you for $50 cash, right now. whatcha say? can't pass up an offer like that!"

:D

Then I'll chime in with "Hello old chap", hand you $55 dollars and then scoot over pick up my new/used Kona Stinky that I got an incredible deal on.

Thanks!

Shaggz

A strong 7
I came home yesterday and put it on a bike stand in my garage right in front of where my wife parks her car. Granted, she had her bike there before and I just put this one in-front, it is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER! I have my 2 other bikes hanging from the ceiling so you would think she would notice another bike there. It is more than 24hrs now and still no word about it :D
Pure genius. We will call you El Capitan Obviouso and your wife Seniora Obliviosa

I would recommend that you tell her before she finds out on her own... Not a fun experience...:eek:
You should have said that at least she didn't find out about the other wife

that's right, i forgot! you're a certified bike mechanic now. this is gonna be sweet!
I'm ready - I successfully changed my rear cassette, chain and adjusted my rear der this weekend.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Then I'll chime in with "Hello old chap", hand you $55 dollars and then scoot over pick up my new/used Kona Stinky that I got an incredible deal on.

Thanks!

that would work too, since Rogellio AND his wife will be at the race..... :cool:

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Telling your wife you got a new bike is like ripping off a band-aid, Just do it real fast and it will sting for a bit and then its over:D

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
So yesterday I became the owner of a "Hand Me Down" Kona Stinky 5.0. I got a good deal since a buddy wanted to get rid of it.

Anyway, I hope she never finds out 'cause I will be in a lot of trouble :p
I don't think that my argument, that I least I didn't go out and buy the AS-X for $3,000 that I wanted, will convince her that I made the right choice.

So, this Friday afternoon I will go to El Diablo to do my official first ride with this bike. :getsome:

Buy her something shiny to distract her -- women are easily distracted by small pretty shiny things. Or, take her shoe shopping. :D

Okay -- let the flaming begin. :p

Shaggz

A strong 7
Buy her something shiny to distract her -- women are easily distracted by small pretty shiny things. Or, take her shoe shopping. :D
shiny and shoes, huh? what do you suggest, a new trance and a set of sidi dominators :D? Dawn, care to chime in?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh

Okay -- let the flaming begin. :p

That's what happened when I bought my Yeti, I ended up buying a new area rug for the living room....DAMN!! so I could've bought 2 bikes and I ended up with 1 bike and 1 rug :mad2:

...43 hours and counting.....:)

Top Bottom