How long do you wait to put gasoline into your automobile?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I fill up when I hit 300 miles or thereabouts, light or no light.

That's 12 gallons or so.

Blair

This does make me mad. I don't like the "lets see how far I can go before we break down," game

This is the issue, the risk is not worth the reward, there is no reward except the adrenaline rush similar to bombing downhills on the mtb so I'm not surprised we all do it.

jackx

well it is not really a good idea to let your tank get really low. you could suck up junk at the bottom and clog you fuel injectors. in theory.

I have several gas station's I go to because they have the best price. They are on my way home from work or around the corner from my house. When I asked my wife what gas station she goes to she didn't have an answer. I don't understand this.

I don't get it either, especially when there is often a $0.20 difference between certain stations - or is this just for premium gas?

I usually let my tank get to 1/4 or less, although I definitely keep an eye on the weather and don't play that game when bad weather is imminent.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Mandi gets mad when I wait until my gas light comes on. I always try and see how far I can stretch a tank of gas. It's like a game to me. Yesterday I got 349.5 miles on my tank. I have a 10 gallon tank:

1B9F3836-5096-4F1A-B5A1-931AE4D2EC21-1043-00000104C93E8759_zps8dab03b1.jpg

tumblr_mmpus3WpcY1qdlh1io1_400_zps6fa179ae.gif

349 in a fit? Amateur.

I think my record in my fit is 367. I don't even think about gas until I see the light especially considering my average trip is under 10 miles. Isn't it supposed to be 2 gallons left when the light comes on?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
349 in a fit? Amateur.

I think my record in my fit is 367. I don't even think about gas until I see the light especially considering my average trip is under 10 miles. Isn't it supposed to be 2 gallons left when the light comes on?

I say you are a hill coaster but then again you don't have many down your way. I did that for about a month then it was back to lead footing in/out to work...

*I am game for competition doe, someone set the rules...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I say you are a hill coaster but then again you don't have many down your way. I did that for about a month then it was back to lead footing in/out to work...

*I am game for competition doe, someone set the rules...

I am at 320 something right now and my light isn't even on yet. I think I will make a new record this week. Where I drive not many hills and probably more highway then city driving.

njracer

I never really fill the pig unless we are going on a long trip...plus filling up a 32 gallon tank really hurts the wallet.:cry:

Especially when I get this kind of MPG.:cry::cry:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 40

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Don't think I want to go much pass this:

10.6 gallon tank, filled up 10.48. Based on that I could have gone another 4 miles plus whatever was in the line from the nozzle to the tank.

9509734986_e7ce3b754c.jpg

9509732134_b47a9133de.jpg

9509730040_ae8ab210cd.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't think I want to go much pass this:

10.6 gallon tank, filled up 10.48. Based on that I could have gone another 4 miles plus whatever was in the line from the nozzle to the tank.

9509734986_e7ce3b754c.jpg

9509732134_b47a9133de.jpg

9509730040_ae8ab210cd.jpg

Baam! got to see if 400 miles could happen...

Glenlivet12

I try and time it just before the light. I think I'm over 400 miles on this tank. I'll probably be closer to 500 by the time i fill up. I haven't had the light come on yet.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I try and time it just before the light. I think I'm over 400 miles on this tank. I'll probably be closer to 500 by the time i fill up. I haven't had the light come on yet.
Wait, this is in your 3? Do you have a sail that you put up to take load off of the engine? :hmmm:

NFW we're seeing 400 miles in either of our cars, especially mine, even when I keep my foot out of boost as much as possible.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I've put 11 gallons in my 10.7 gallon tank. It must have filled the tank, the pump, the fill spout, injectors and rail.

Top Bottom