How is Hartshorne holding up?

al415

Banned
Given the gnashing of teeth that is going on in the Allaire froum I thought I'd ask about Hartshorne. It usually suffers after a sudden thaw. Has anyone checked it out?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Well, if a bunch of buttheads romped around in there as well on Sunday, I can't even imagine how f-ed Hartshorne might be...

But hopefully that's not the case.:)

LandCruiser

I stopped by yesterday and it was pretty wet with still quite a bit of ice. Didn't look anything as bad as Allaire (in the trashed dept).

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Do I even need to reply to this? Even Allaire (which I hear is too sandy;)) is beat to shite. The trails are thawing out, after being frozen solid, under a layer of snow. The trails are in very bad shape, and riding on them is not a good idea.

al415

Banned
I don't know, do you need to reply to it? I asked how they were holding up. I was really just wondering if they got savaged in the same way that Allaire did.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I don't know, do you need to reply to it? I asked how they were holding up. I was really just wondering if they got savaged in the same way that Allaire did.

i dont think he was being an ass about it...but how do you think mercer is holding up? jk...take it easy im sure he didnt mean it that way i can tell by the tone of his text

Frank

Sasquatch
+1 on that. Brian has spent mondo years working the trails of Monmouth Cty, Allaire and other spots in NJ. He's very passionate about the trails and gets somewhat frustrated when they get trashed.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I dont think any of the trails within an hour of me will be rideable until mid-late next week at the earliest, looks like we'll be getting some sub-freezing nights coming up.

Now if only this crappy wind will go away so road rides are more bearable. Tommorow I had a ride planned and they are calling for 20-40mph sustained with 50+ gusts.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG

My bad, I misunderstood the intent. All work, and no ride, make Brian go crazy. The trails got beat to crap. Not as bad as Allaire (apparently, there are more than a few folks who think it is OK to ride Allaire no matter how bad conditions are) but, it ain't good.

larkin42

Hartstone is garbage right now. I cut through the fire road today, and spent 3/4's of trip walking the bike. Everything is slop, yet there were guys unloading their bikes when I came out to the lot. I don't understand how riding in what is basically a giant mud slushie can be even somewhat fun. It makes no sense to me.

al415

Banned
My bad, I misunderstood the intent. All work, and no ride, make Brian go crazy

I hear that! :D to make matters worse my Xbox 360 died too! It's funny, about this time every year it starts to feel like the end of the world, then things dry up and I forget about winter until December again. For all of Allaire's image of being impervious to weather, it sure has suffered with this sudden thaw. Hartshorne, on the other hand, seems to change shape radically from one rain fall to another. I've not been there in weeks and miss it badly.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Me too. I like Allaire, and the people I ride with there a lot, but, Hartshorne is where I cut my teeth in 1989.

al415

Banned
Me too. I like Allaire, and the people I ride with there a lot, but, Hartshorne is where I cut my teeth in 1989.

Me too! 1989! On my $300 Yokota! We probably rode together at some point back then. Were you a Dirt Dawg? Back then I'd ride to the woods (from Red Bank) in the rain, not thinking for a minute that I was doing any damage.

Frank

Sasquatch
For all of Allaire's image of being impervious to weather, it sure has suffered with this sudden thaw.

Normally Allaire drains very well but the ground is still frozen 6" down so there is no where for the water to go.:( I think the same goes for just about everywhere in Jersey now.

Back then I'd ride to the woods (from Red Bank) in the rain, not thinking for a minute that I was doing any damage.

We've all done that. But like you said...back then.:)

Top Bottom