How fast?

Nimrod

Maybe you didn't realize this but these speeds were on paved roads.

The later was on the access road at Okemo in the summer. I was on a MTB that time.

I hit 54 mph going into Jefferson Vermont (climbing from Stowe), very scary.

The top tube really "pulses" at those speeds. I chicken out around 45 mph these days.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
No shit....

I ride really slow maybe 5 to 7 mph in the woods....I think i could be faster if i wasnt such a fat piece of crap and didnt love beer so much

Actually, a little extra weight adds exponentialy to speed on the downhills just as it drags on the up hills. But speed on the downhills is SO much cooler than speed on the uphills!:D

As you pass, turn to the skinnies with an evil laugh and leave them no draft!!!

BTW my bike computer registered 92MPH max speed and 240 max heart rate on my last road ride... I'm thinking of having it checked.

Last edited:
i've only hit around 40 mph depending on my bike down cherry hill by round valley, thats before i got these uber sticky panaracer xc pros (so much slower then other tires i have tried on the road)

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i've been pretty consistent lately on the road w/ about 17mph over 22 miles. that's on the 27 pound, steel, 1993 trek 970 with semi-slicks. i hit 44 or 45 mph once which was insane. i'm VERY curious about how ms. elle is gonna fare once i get riding on that. she's about 10 lbs less.

in the woods i've been around 8.5 which i'm happy with for Jan. .

Top Bottom