How do you protect yourself from Ticks?

scotth

I had a Tick on my leg today, it was the first Tick in a long while for me. I used spray all over, what do some of you do?

Regards,

Scott

lou_b_83

No fire for me.. I to afraid of what might happen if I fart:confused:. I just go with a heavy smoke screen:D

ArmyOfNone

No fire for me.. I to afraid of what might happen if I fart:confused:. I just go with a heavy smoke screen:D

You should be ok as long as you dont invite anyone else with you. Or you may have to sprint in front of everyone. But then you have to be sure that the risk for fire is low. Look out for those signs with smokey the bear.

smokey-the-bear.jpeg

NJ Jess

shower

Ticks are going to stick to you no matter what you do. But riding faster does help.

It is hard to avoid, but a shower or bath is a must after riding since it takes 24 hours for a tick to latch on and be a hazard. If you have lots of bug bites,..and epsom salt bath for 15minutes to draw out the toxins. Ride fast too!

BiknBen

Not much you can do unless you are willing to wear tights this tie of year. Try to avoid the trails through meadows of high grass. That's a classic plac where ticks will be looking to latch on and catch a victim.

Do an inspection after the ride. Bring some handi-wipes or towel for the post-ride cleaning.

dualfisted

ticks?????

Tights are only cool if you're a superhero like me, but u gotta wear a cape too and ticks can latch onto that. I recommend punching any ticks u see square in the nutz. I also light the woods on fire to kill off all those buggers. That's cool right????

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
for real tho... just pick up some of that deep woods rebel stuff. also they have the stuff you spray onto your cloths and stuff too that lasts for like 2 weeks. i have it at home. seems to do the job.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Tights are only cool if you're a superhero like me, but u gotta wear a cape too and ticks can latch onto that. I recommend punching any ticks u see square in the nutz. I also light the woods on fire to kill off all those buggers. That's cool right????

I thought this was you..... :)

Attachments

• nacholibre2.jpg
    nacholibre2.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 84

scotth

Mean Irish Guy,

Could you really hit a Tick with the 50 caliber? If so, I'll buy the ammo!!! Nice pic!

Scott

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i dunno if i could hit one with a 50 cal. but i sure as hell would like to try shooting one. hahahahaah. oh yeah hand grenade and flame throwers work as well.:getsome::getsome::getsome::getsome::getsome::getsome:

lou_b_83

i dunno if i could hit one with a 50 cal. but i sure as hell would like to try shooting one. hahahahaah. oh yeah hand grenade and flame throwers work as well.:getsome::getsome::getsome::getsome::getsome::getsome:

Is that before or after it is attached to your leg??

LandCruiser

Look for Spray with at least 30% Deet, should help keep the Ticks away. Just try to avoid spraying near Elderly and small children.

Top Bottom