• Indifferent or undecided.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No, I do not like it.

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We just tweaked again. The black BG is deeper on the sides. But to do that we needed to trim the logo and make it slogan-less.

I think the black actually works well.

VanDbtRiver

i am eager to see if you guys enable the reputation meter. as far as the design features go, i think it's all good.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's a reputation meter?

I like that the approval rating went up since we made the side borders thicker.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
We just tweaked again. The black BG is deeper on the sides.
I don't dig this, sorry to say. From a read-ability standpoint, it's way easier for me to read wider, fewer lines of text. Less scrolling to read a lengthy post.

I will say that I like the more colorful format just fine.

walter

Fourth Party
I don't dig this, sorry to say. From a read-ability standpoint, it's way easier for me to read wider, fewer lines of text. Less scrolling to read a lengthy post.

I will say that I like the more colorful format just fine.

Agree

J-Dro

icon13.gif
Thumbs down on the thick black borders.

RNG1

I am not sure if I am just used to it already but whatever changes you have been tweeking with I am thinking has made a difference as it has become easier on the eyes. I kind of like the borders with the contrast personally.

mwlikesbikes

The black borders are kind of annoying. I like the rest but to me it's just wasted space on the sides. Everything seems too smooshed in.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Unfortunately you (and Walter) are in the minority. Studies have shown that narrow & taller approaches the max in terms of readability. That's what Justin was going with earlier. From one thing I found:

Usability studies have shown that most users find a line length of 40 - 60 characters to be easiest to consume (though at least one report ranges from 35 - 95 and another a more modest 40 - 80, depending on the font used). This falls in line with print typography guidelines that recommend anywhere from 11-15 words per line. As you can see, there’s no final word on line-length readability, except that it falls somewhere on either side of 50 characters per line (cpl), or 13 words per line (wpl).

Here is something that I couldn't even get through:
http://www.laurenscharff.com/research/textmargin.html

So that page obviously fails on the readability scale. Ultimately we're aiming for the best user experience. The more people read, the longer they'll stay and give back. I also find that I prefer narrow and tall. If a post is really long, I have a hard time finishing it.

Make sense?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have to give this a little more time. right now (having really just sat down to this) is feels like i'm missing 1/5 of my screen.

mwlikesbikes

I just don't get that my screen is 13" wide and the text boxes are just shy of 6" wide so I'm losing 1/2 of my screen. :hmmm:
I probably have a different perspective on this because I don't sit in front of a computer all day and am slightly computer illiterate.
I'm with Chris & Walter in losing the black borders and giving us the whole screen.

Mare

Warning!

If you want to stalk someone, you can't on here! You can now see who viewed your profile. Oh well - let me just get this out of the way:

Dear everyone on MTBNJ.com,
I have little to do at work all day. I read all of your profiles and remember far too much.
Love,
Mare45

P.S. I like the black border.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok, having lived with this for awhile, here's my final answer: i like the black, but want it to be about 1/2 the size on either side.

unfortunately, even though i'm pink (which, for those keeping track at home is just a happier, more trendy shade of [size=+2]RED[/size]...) i have no say due to results of the current poll.

Top Bottom