• Indifferent or undecided.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No, I do not like it.

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Now that you've had a weekend to digest, what do you think of the new site?

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I run the classic view, for I am not big on change. I got into a heated argument with an ex-gf because she thought it would be a nice suprise to paint my white walls blue, I went throught the roof, but have since learned how to deal with the opposite sex.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the blue and orange has grown on me....how do you view the social groups?

Quick Links -> Social Groups. I see no real value-add with Social Groups because there's no automated way to tell if there are new messages. It seems to me this latest iteration of vBulletin is trying to implement some of the features of Facebook. Pretty soon we'll have status updates for all.

Norm is sick of leaves.

I run the classic view, for I am not big on change. I got into a heated argument with an ex-gf because she thought it would be a nice suprise to paint my white walls blue, I went throught the roof, but have since learned how to deal with the opposite sex.

Well, better that you went through the roof than the freshly painted walls.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I also voted that I like it. At first it was there. I think the black BG really makes it look solid.

I want to play around with the logo/header image. I'm thinking Fred and the skinsuit here...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
i like change, and the rest color tweaks are good, but the dynamic width just looks primitive to me. acres of white space in between the forum titles and last post/poster updated. way too many lines of text per line. i know the easy fix is just decrease the width of the browser, but this is how i view every site, so that just ain't gonna happen. if you want to keep the dynamic width, how about insetting the site with a few inches of black or gray around it?

and how about replacing the logo with one of the new ones i sent. the gray around the logo shows it was clearly just ripped from the old site. and the plain blue serif tagline isn't well-set.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
but the dynamic width just looks primitive to me

I also am not a big fan of dynamic layout like this. I don't think it looks primitive but I do agree that the wide lines make it harder to read. Also agree that I'm not resizing my browser for 1 site. As I type this I have 11 tabs opened. I wish this were a setting in your user preferences - page width.

how about insetting the site with a few inches of black or gray around it?

This may work but it may also give the user a strange depth-perception experience with that deep of a black well on the outside. The sharp blue/orange colors are a hard contrast to the black, and it may play off strangely. It's something we can experiment with I imagine.

and how about replacing the logo with one of the new ones i sent.

Sorry, Tim asked me what I wanted to do with that and I never got back to him. My bad.

ArmyOfNone

I want to play around with the logo/header image. I'm thinking Fred and the skinsuit here...

Like this???

407716340_8zj58-M.jpg

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
This may work but it may also give the user a strange depth-perception experience with that deep of a black well on the outside. The sharp blue/orange colors are a hard contrast to the black, and it may play off strangely. It's something we can experiment with I imagine.

By the way, I agree, I wouldn't do black for the sides either. White? Light gray?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
By the way, I agree, I wouldn't do black for the sides either. White? Light gray?

Actually, it works better than I would have thought. Once we change it you can see for yourself.

We just need some space to the left of the logo. I'll send you another one that includes it so you can just replace it.

Cool, I'll look for it.

Tell me when I get annoying.

Never! I used to design GUIs for a living so I enjoy this stuff.

Top Bottom