How awesome is New Jersey????

J

JoeC

We will give you tour when you are ready.

Do you like doing trail work??

If so we have a shovel with your name on it.

j

Always happy to give back to the trails. Take nothing for granted!

M

Mtnbikechick

Welcome to the site... and NJ! Despite what you might have heard... it's an AWESOME place to live... I'm a transplant myself!

I HIGHLY recommend Halter's Cycles for a local shop. It's close to Manville, and the guys are awesome... giving 110% ALWAYS... not to mention, they're fun to ride with... :)

Definitely check out Chimney Rock near Manville and the Sourlands in Hillsborough.

LC

J

JoeC

Awesome! I'll probably be at the first TM Day of 09.

I am going to need a place to stay temporarily, so if anyone knows of a good short term rental (furnished) or a reasonable extended stay hotel, please let me know.

Thanks again.

rlb

there might be an extended stay type place on davidson ave in somerset, that is pretty close to manville

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
Awesome! I'll probably be at the first TM Day of 09.

I am going to need a place to stay temporarily, so if anyone knows of a good short term rental (furnished) or a reasonable extended stay hotel, please let me know.

Thanks again.

is your family coming out with you immediately, or are you going to be coming out yourself for a while?

J

JoeC

is your family coming out with you immediately, or are you going to be coming out yourself for a while?

It will be just me for a while. My wife is a school nurse so she will finish the school year, as will the kids. We have a place in Maine still, so they will likely spend the summer up there as they always do. Most of the relo depends on the sale of the house in Texas.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
well lucky for you, you found us. hang out on the board here and youll make 100 friends in a day. lol. i myself am a new jersey transplant. youll like it here. we have no left turns and right turns on red. its good stuff. oh yeah and not to mention a TON of riding in any kind of riding you want.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
hillsboro is nice. somerset is rad cause i live there. bridgewater is hilly. manville is cool beans for bmx. from somerset, your dead in the middle of chimney rock(small rocks), sourlands(big rocks), six mile(no rocks), and the rutgers eco preserve(NEVER wear blue while riding here). in the area you have shops like halters, bike n gear, and efingers.

VanDbtRiver

couple things bout manville
1. easy access to 287, 78, 22, and 206. these roads will lead you to mtb salvation.:D
2. great polish and mexican food:drooling:
3. grubhut:drooling:
4.Delilas Den:hitsfan:
5.Arby's & Wal-Mart:puke:

THATmanMANNY

...likely at an extended stay hotel until at least the end of the school year...

There are many nice extended stays in Somerset, NJ (I-287, exit 10). That will be like 5-10min to Manville. F bridgewater! Boro is where it's at :cool: (that's high school rivalry for ya but that's long in the past). I grew up in boro. Now live in Franklin. Can't complain about either. But in Franklin I am within 4 good places to ride and 3 shops within 10min. :D This area his rural farmy areas to really dense suburbs. You have options. Good luck! See you out there soon!

BiknBen

I can't believe no one has pointed out that we have Le Casa De Tortilla in Franklin, NJ.

I bet a DFW native has never had his Tex-Mex server to him by Koreans. :rofl:

BTW, it is actually very good and relatively fresh Tex-Mex.

BTW2, Welcome to NJ. The hurry up and wait state.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well Jake, fond memories of ice cold Pepsi Cola products and charming conversation of course.

And yes, Jersey does rule because we have Jake.

well played walt. i see you've had this conversation before. :D

Sircrashalot

Well Jake, fond memories of ice cold Pepsi Cola products and charming conversation of course.

And yes, Jersey does rule because we have Jake.

I had a fake ID for 18 from US1 Flea Market when I was 15 so I could get into Franks....GREAT soda!

On a totally separate note....my wife teaches in Hillsborough. Nice town, HUGE...also growing...has some of everything, including a lot of homes with larger lots if that's what you want, a great school system, very close to 6 mile run & Manville....

Top Bottom