How about Avocado?

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
So in having to change our eating habits and focusing on no cholesterol, low fat, blah. I have been reading a lot about fats and the types of fats, and not all fats are the same. Avocado being a good fat.

***** loves them.

They make me gag.

Any recipes you can share to help me infiltrate some avocado into my diet would be appreciated.

isnt there any chocolate flavored avocados?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You need to make sure the avocados are ripe. Some of them do have a funky taste too.

But if you get one just right, it's like butter.

Guacamole is good too, make it with fresh ingredients though. Not that packet crap.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Cubed and tossed with Chunks of broiled chicken breast, ripe tomato wedges, red onion and cilantro leaves. :drooling:

If you're vegan just leave out the chicken.

rick81721

Lothar
Another idea is to buy avocado oil and use it for cooking. We got a bottle at costco - different from olive oil but very good

walter

Fourth Party
I like to do chicken salad, but instead of mayo I use avocado. Mash it all together and slap on some bread, or scoop some into lettuce and make lettuce wrap type things.

Arwen's Mom

there is something wrong with you.:D
we all know this already ;)

You need to make sure the avocados are ripe. Some of them do have a funky taste too.

But if you get one just right, it's like butter.

Guacamole is good too, make it with fresh ingredients though. Not that packet crap.
not like butter. funky yes. butter, no. My ***** got me to try that "its like butter" thing. gag.

Another idea is to buy avocado oil and use it for cooking. We got a bottle at costco - different from olive oil but very good

this is worth a try.

Robin

I make a kale salad with avocados. Cut up grape tomatoes, fresh lemon juice, pinch of salt, and an avocado diced up.

I can eat an avocado just plain...scooping it right from its skin. Mmmm.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I eat this delectable fruit almost daily plain without nuttin. Absolutely love me some avocados.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I made chocolate pudding with avocado once. This was an effort to get my daughter to eat something green. She LOVES pudding. She ate it, but she lacked her usual gusto. At the end, she declared that it wasn't that good after all and didn't want to finish it.

I thought it was good. But like others here, I am happy gobbling it up with nothing more than a spoon, and maybe a bit of salt.

Biker Dude

I eat a whole avocado every day. It is a super food. I hate mayonaisse so I use a nice ripe avocado and mix it with a can of tuna. I put some pepper and hot sauce in the mix and it's great on toast (ezekiel bread).

Arwen's Mom

I hate mayonaisse so I use a nice ripe avocado and mix it with a can of tuna. I put some pepper and hot sauce in the mix and it's great on toast (ezekiel bread).

wonder how this would work with egg salad.

And chocolate pudding...:hmmm: might be worth a try. Could even try freezing it...ice cream made with avocado....

audi666

There are a lot of raw chocolate avocado pudding/mouse recipes out there if its truly the taste you dislike.

as for avocado oil, you can use it but I wouldn't heat it.

Id also get into the coconut milk (in cans) & virgin coconut oil game. tons of the good stuff.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
At what point do we slap the scarlet letter on someone and drag em into the streets for a hanging? I honestly can't believe someone can not like avocado, it's in most peoples top ten.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At what point do we slap the scarlet letter on someone and drag em into the streets for a hanging? I honestly can't believe someone can not like avocado, it's in most peoples top ten.

I think the world needs a coming together of french fries and avocado. This could make history.

Top Bottom