houses for sale thread

THATmanMANNY

I’m thinking about buying that Neshanic Mill for hosting venues. Okay that’s a long shot but great idea. Parking would be an issue though.

qclabrat

Place to post yours or interesting homes.

Pretty great for you DIY and hobbyist types, cars, motos, bikes, wood working, hoarding. Open house today. Not mine

https://www.callawayhenderson.com/e...5kk8/17-van-doren-drive-hillsborough-nj-08844
Looks like it came off the market or there's a sale pending. I've been tracking the FLW homes for a few years as its been a dream of my brother to own one. We even considered splitting for this one and airbnb it. There's another in NJ for sale. If I didn't have kids I'd buy it in a heartbeat
Screenshot_20190811-140533.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I’m thinking about buying that Neshanic Mill for hosting venues. Okay that’s a long shot but great idea. Parking would be an issue though.

they just put in a parking lot on the other side of the bridge. all you'd need to do is put a deck on the trestle! (we are looking into making the trestle a park)
there is also parking for fishing there.

rick81721

Lothar
Looks like it came off the market or there's a sale pending. I've been tracking the FLW homes for a few years as its been a dream of my brother to own one. We even considered splitting for this one and airbnb it. There's another in NJ for sale. If I didn't have kids I'd buy it in a heartbeat
View attachment 102284

FLW houses are pennies on the dollar!

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Seeing it in person brought it down to reality. Although the property is nice and secluded, your still on a nondescript suburban cul de sac. And other than the living room, it’s very dark. Basement like. And then your limited to maintaining it’s current state in perpetuity.
If it was in the Catskills or by a lake it would make a lot more sense.

qclabrat

Seeing it in person brought it down to reality. Although the property is nice and secluded, your still on a nondescript suburban cul de sac. And other than the living room, it’s very dark. Basement like. And then your limited to maintaining it’s current state in perpetuity.
I was actually thinking of this jockey hollow house. Isn't the lot on the other less than an acre?
What do you think of this 3 bds • 4 ba • 1,928 sqft home I found on Zillow? https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/39844186_zpid/

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

FLW houses are great for visiting, not for living. He got a lot of things wrong for actual living. For instance the kitchen is always a small galley style kitchen hidden away while post FLW people have figured out a kitchen can be the social focal point of the house.

I'd love a modern style home but any that I find to live in I'm sure I'd have to modify. There's actually a really nice development in Morristown off James St that's all modern homes and they've been heavily modified over the years as the original design doesn't actually work well for living.

FLW does nail the living room.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
FLW houses are great for visiting, not for living. He got a lot of things wrong for actual living. For instance the kitchen is always a small galley style kitchen hidden away while post FLW people have figured out a kitchen can be the social focal point of the house.

I'd love a modern style home but any that I find to live in I'm sure I'd have to modify. There's actually a really nice development in Morristown off James St that's all modern homes and they've been heavily modified over the years as the original design doesn't actually work well for living.

FLW does nail the living room.

he didn't think you'd want to socialize with the cook and the waitstaff?
Bedrooms are small too, with windows to make them larger.

And yes, public space connected to the outside!

Top Bottom