Hot water heater relief valve

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is it wrong that if my furnace dies I want to replace it with another simple 80% efficiency unit, or if my water heater fails, another boring 40gallon tank version?

These complicated units seem to end up having a lot of hidden costs in the name of cost savings.
I didn't pay for anything except the initial install. all the repairs were paid by the plumber to make it up to building code.
They should have known the Bridgewater code. I had text messages asking the GM about the 1 inch pipe. He said I didn't need it. Even though I told him 2 other plumbers quoted me to install one.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The heat exchanger gets hair line cracks on it. Then water leaks onto the control module under it.

this sucks.......

seems like it might not be isolated from vibration, or prevented from completing normal expansion cycles?

Maybe the wall isn't in-plane and it is under stress when the frame is tightened down?

@shrpshtr325 & @Santapez -

location of control board where it can get wet without protection - nice design...................

JerseyPete

The heat exchanger gets hair line cracks on it. Then water leaks onto the control module under it.

Navien. NPE 210S2 MODEL
I did a Google on Navien tankless and this came up in Amazon with 80% 1 star ratings. Holy crap!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Second heat exchanger failed this morning.
Do not buy a Navien Tankless. Hot water heater.
I'm about to blow a gasket with this fucking POS.
Well I'm assuming it was what the plumber offered.

What did they say?

With the reviews on this thing you certainly aren't their first customer in this situation.

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well I'm assuming it was what the plumber offered.

What did they say?

With the reviews on this thing you certainly aren't their first customer in this situation.
Typical reply.
They have installed 100s of tankless units . This is the first one that's hard so many problems.

They are installing it on Friday.
I refuse to take another day off from work.
My wife will be home Friday.

Top Bottom