Hot Tub / Spa

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
What brand is this infinity tub?

Mine is a Coast Spa. Balboa Controls -

----

Gunna need cross bracing on the posts that high up.
We put my brother's on a 3' deck, and just ran two beams and 12" spacing of the joists there.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Insulation approach
Cabinet with voids filled with expanding foam is the most efficient, appropriate...warranted 4 seasons.
Open cabinet with reflective bubble packing.....questionable....cheap

Downside of foam is serviceability which you shouldn't have to worry about for awhile...unless the unit gets dropped somewhere along the line.

Patrick

Staff member
Those look nice, but no NJ dealers?

The Pelican Rip-off squad. They did a warranty service too. It was their floor model which was 3yo when I purchased it. 5 years on pumps- which they honored.

I saw a few others looking at images

roc

I have the Marquis Epic 6 person. I used it a lot in the beginning. I never use it now. The kids love it in the summer, they go from the pool to the hot tub and back.

To me, it was fun for a while, but now it's just a pain in the ass. I would guess I've had it since around 2005. I am on my 3rd top and 2 or 3 service calls in all that time, which I guess isn't so bad. I guess a few times a year I empty it and clean it. So it's not terrible, but the novelty has worn off.

ekuhn

The Pelican Rip-off squad. They did a warranty service too. It was their floor model which was 3yo when I purchased it. 5 years on pumps- which they honored.

I saw a few others looking at images
Stopped at Pelican on Rt 18 last night. Salesman was knowledgeable. Was against Saltwater- claimed maintenance nightmare and will corrode metal frames. I feel that would be when you would try and switch from non-salt water to saltwater. Greater corrosion risk.

Pricing was decent for a chlorine system. Made in USA Artesian South Seas. Wood frame, two types of insulation on tub and shell. 3 pump system. Upgraded model was Artesian Grand Bahama. More jets, 4th pump, cavitation insulation, Wi-Fi capable, better air system, had color scheme I preferred, and 60amp service required. 0% for 12 months.

Both had lounges, but upgraded model had better step in capabilities.

Tub orientation is the next adventure.

Patrick

Staff member
corrode metal frames.

there isn't any metal in the tub frame - it is all plastic (like pvc boards)
the salt cell will need to be replaced in 7 years.
Ozone every 3 (bromine or salt)
Problem is, when you run out of bromine the tub turns green.
Ya never run out of salt. Dealing with saltwater on a raised deck may be an issue tho.

ekuhn

I pulled the trigger on the Caldera Geneva Saltwater Hot Tub at Healthmate this weekend. The sales team was easy, worked with me on the pricing, financing and details. The original one I looked at sold, but there was one in the production line in which I was able to change the skirt color, but the tub color/configuration is what's shown in the picture. Delivery is slated for the end of March beginning of April.

I laid out the hardscaping in the yard and hoping to have that all priced in the next two weeks and installed shortly there after. I have to pull the electrical permit and get that started.

Thanks to all for your input, but sorry, guests are invite only. Can't wait for some quality personal, most likely naked, hot tub relaxation.

IMG_9153.jpeg

IMG_9154.jpeg

Top Bottom