Honest trail conditions at Allaire.

fasterthanliam

I would like to know trail conditions for today. I am concerned about doing damage and wasting time and energy getting there. I have been reading all the posts and can not figure out if the trails are good or bad. Also some hostility being posted . Hope this all worked it self out.

Frank

Sasquatch
I'm at work today but called some folks who are lucky enough to be riding today.

The trail conditions are good overall. Some sections are better than others obviously. Minimal mud, there shouldn't be much in the way of "damage" at this point. Tiger Woods is a mess though with a couple of spots that still have standing water so this area should be avoided.

Tomorrow and sunday are calling for more f-in rain and that might turn things to soggy again for a couple of days. We'll see how much we get.

Last edited:

fasterthanliam

I'm at work today but called some folks who are lucky enough to be riding today.

The trail conditions are good overall. Some sections are better than others obviously. Minimal mud, there shouldn't be much in the way of "damage" at this point. Tiger Woods is a mess though with a couple of spots that still have standing water so this area should be avoided.

Tomorrow and sunday are calling for more f-in rain and that might turn things to soggy again for a couple of days. We'll see how much we get.
Thank you. I may make it today because the next couple of days may be a washout. See you out there.

fasterthanliam

No thank you for considering the trail conditions.:)
Your welcome. I just returned from Allaire the conditions were good. Some muddy spots but overall good. I stayed off all lower areas and still got in 15 plus miles. Many other users out there as well . All together a good day. Thanks again for the report, I live near sourlands so if you ever want a trail report or tour let me know.

wonderturtle

trails were good. frozen.

saw a bunch of people on the trails. we got there about 7:30 am. only two of us. by the time we got back to the lot there seemed to be several group. I assumed some of the folks riding were from this board but didnt say "hi" since I am shy;)

Frank

Sasquatch
Your welcome. I just returned from Allaire the conditions were good. Some muddy spots but overall good. I stayed off all lower areas and still got in 15 plus miles. Many other users out there as well . All together a good day. Thanks again for the report, I live near sourlands so if you ever want a trail report or tour let me know.

cool, I'll take you up on that.:)

Dan

sorry I lost you early in the ride, but when you said " lets race" then carried your bike over the first log crossing and chased after me in your granny gear I thought I was being punked.

Are you still planning on going to the canal tow path on Saturday to practice your technical skills? Or will you be at the shoprite parking lot again riding around the cones? I would like to see you ride that figure eight you keep bragging about.

Dan

fasterthanliam

sorry I lost you early in the ride, but when you said " lets race" then carried your bike over the first log crossing and chased after me in your granny gear I thought I was being punked.

Are you still planning on going to the canal tow path on Saturday to practice your technical skills? Or will you be at the shoprite parking lot again riding around the cones? I would like to see you ride that figure eight you keep bragging about.

Dan
That fact that you spelled canal correctly proves your wife wrote this post. You promised to show me the spoon move so I got nervous of your intentions and let you pedal away. Last time we rode you couldn't stop talking about your "new friends" from the Rutgers ecological preserve.

Dan

That fact that you spelled canal correctly proves your wife wrote this post. You promised to show me the spoon move so I got nervous of your intentions and let you pedal away. Last time we rode you couldn't stop talking about your "new friends" from the Rutgers ecological preserve.

:getsome: I know its kanal but spell check kept changing it to canal. See you over at the preserve.

brybry57

Dan

So you are the one in Nelson's Corner I have seen the skid marks from the mystery figure 8's they seem to have been spray painted in. I expected better

fasterthanliam

So you are the one in Nelson's Corner I have seen the skid marks from the mystery figure 8's they seem to have been spray painted in. I expected better

Be careful my barfing friend.:) I will have take you on a hilly ride and see what happens. We can't all be expert bike handlers.

Top Bottom