Homer Folks near Oneota

onetracker

Headed up that way to see some friends. Homer Folks looks good on TrailForks. Has anyone ridden these trails? What is it like? Thx!!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've never heard of Homer Folks, but I've ridden in Oneonta. A quick google search leads me to believe that I rode what you are talking about:

I don't really remember much about it, but I do recall liking it. Navigating was a bit tough, and I might have done some trespassing, but I had a good time.

onetracker

Hey! Thanks. Cool. I found the place on Trail Forks and would use that for navigation. I found a video that showed some jumps and features. Just wanted to figure out if there was some XC or if it is more freeride oriented. Any thoughts?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There might be some free ride stuff, but I'm pretty sure everything I did was normal XC/trail type of stuff.

onetracker

Thx. Rode this area yesterday. I think you rode HF and College Camp. Not a destination but fun if you are in the area. Linking HF and CC is a little tricky but not too bad. It requires an odd woods road, short road section and riding up some dudes driveway (dude is super cool and maintains HF on private land). Terrain reminds me of Jockey Hill with lots of shale. Very humid but fun day!

Top Bottom