Holiday Gift Ideas for cyclists...

BiknBen

Everyone is about to start asking what you want for the holidays. Here are some interesting cycling-related ideas:

Personal ID tag
It's only a matter of time before you get tagged by a car. Make sure they can figure out who you are. These are designer dog tags. I wear one.
http://www.roadid.com/common/id.aspx?hash=fixx

Resource Revival
They recycle bike related parts into household goods; clocks, picture frames, furniture. It can get pricey quick but it is fun stuff. They did our nice MTBNJ bottle openers.
http://www.resourcerevival.com/

Feel free to share your own ideas.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I always recommend cold weather clothing upgrades for Christmas. If you tend to put other things on your holiday wish list, scrap them. All bike stuff, because if you put A Tale of Two Cities on your list you'll end up with a limited edition $50 version that you still won't read and it will mean you don't get the pink Woolie Boolie socks to help keep your feet warm.

In the end, you gotta focus on what's important. :)

Tubes, tires, socks, and gloves are all solid ideas with a good range in price. Dare I say Clif bars? If I get a freaking Clif bar for Christmas I'm going to throw it.

I would also avoid too much risk on ideas, as in "well maybe I'll try this" kinda things. That has the potential to land you with 5 things you don't have much use for. Not everyone likes bib shorts, arm warmers, and altimeters. Limit the risk and maximize need.

Or just ask for cash.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Do you have people that actually listen to you when you say what you want? I've known my in-laws for about 20 years. For at least 15 years I have suggested any manner of music store/instrumental/guitar gear or gift certificate. From the menagerie of in-laws over all those years, do you know how many times I've got anything on that list?... ZERO!

Not that I'm complaining, but when you get a huge red wallet(I don't carry a purse) and a matching red scarf(WTF?) for three of the last four years, you wonder why they haven't figured out yet... it ain't happening.

Now my family, they're practical. I tell them I want nothing, and they come through every single year! Seriously, it's easier than figuring who to pass the next wallet or scarf to.

So this year, I'll ask for a certificate to my LBS or some lube and a set of Park tools.
Let's see how that works out.:rofl:

THATmanMANNY

EMS 20-50% sale right now!

This isn't a gift but it's a darn good sale.

Online sale started Monday.
In-store sale starts today Wed 11/26
20-50% off EVERYTHING in store.

This is a great sale for us outdoor types and they don't have a bad bike accessories selection either. I picked up numerous things last year at this sale too. I will be making a pit stop during lunch hour :D

Kmoodymz3

Do you have people that actually listen to you when you say what you want? I've known my in-laws for about 20 years. For at least 15 years I have suggested any manner of music store/instrumental/guitar gear or gift certificate. From the menagerie of in-laws over all those years, do you know how many times I've got anything on that list?... ZERO!QUOTE]

Solved this issue w/my in-laws by giving them cycling catalogs filled with post-its marking things I want, complete with sizes and colors as needed. It works great my MIL still feels like she is "shopping" for me and I get something I really want.

THATmanMANNY

al415

Banned
If I were shopping for a cyclist I'd probably head over to the Rapha website. It's expensive enough, and indulgent enough, to fit into the gift category. Everything is well made, well packaged and some of their stuff is beautiful. Granted it's geared towards road riders but most of their things are pretty universal.

www.rapha.cc

Top Bottom