Hitch Rack

rlb

As for the stress on the adapter/hitch and possible failure, don't forget the hitch is designed to tow a trailer. Even a class I hitch is designed to handle much more than the 60 lbs your bike and rack might weigh. I would imagine that an adapter than can't handle that combined weight of bike and rack never would have made it past R&D into production. But then again, you never know.

THATmanMANNY

Start your own thread! :rolleyes:

The Sarris adapter may be a sleeve that fits OVER the frame and then goes in the receiver. If that is the case, then it is worth the extra money. You will get a tighter fit and no extension.

I enjoy piggyback rides thoroughly.

I'm not concerned about the receiver or the adapter. I'm concerned about the frame of the rack and the extra stress that will be forced on it when the car bounces and there is that little space between the receiver/hitch/rack.

The Saris adapter is actually a whole new unit. I have to disassemlbe the 1/ 1/4" hitch frame and put on the 2". I just went out to look for a sleeve at local stores. They didn't have any. Cheapest Ive seen online is like $20.

Why don't they just make a rectangular tube that you insert in hitch receiver to reduce the size to 1 1/4" just with one pin hole of the same size. :hmmm: Therefore no extra extension.

THATmanMANNY

:hmmm:
think I can just use one pin and one hole just to get the pin thru the receiver, the adatper, and the rack all in one shot?

I was thinking a product like that meant you need to put a pin to attach it to the receiver using one of the holes then using the other hole and another pin attach that to your rack...

TonyC

:hmmm:
think I can just use one pin and one hole just to get the pin thru the receiver, the adatper, and the rack all in one shot?

I was thinking a product like that meant you need to put a pin to attach it to the receiver using one of the holes then using the other hole and another pin attach that to your rack...

I don't see why not. The 1st hole is prob 5/8" pin and the other 1/2".
They, also sell an adpapter that snugs it all up. The pin screws in.
It came factory on my Yak don't know about Saris.

Top Bottom