Hit by a car

GreyRider

Tommy's Mommy here...update

First I want to thank everyone for their well wishes. I shared them with Thomas and they're really helping to keep his spirits up. He is settling in at home and is making the best of the situation. He looks like he's been worked over by a base ball bat, and feels like he's been through the wringer, but there are no broken bones and just a really hard concussion. From eyewitness reports, it looks like he was hit and thrown 20 ft. into traffic, landing on his head. From here on out, I will be the biggest advocate of helmets for children, period. It was the fact that he was wearing a good helmet that saved his head. Again, thanks everyone for your generosity, your best wishes, prayers, good thoughts, karma, and just the fact that there are good people in the world for letting a kid know that while this sucks, things will get better. For that, I can't say thanks enough.

aROxSDb.jpg

Last edited:

woody

Hey Thomas, keep up the great attitude! Scary stuff, but we're glad you'll be ok soon.

I'll bet you put a heck of a dent in that van! ;-)

How's your bike lookin?

THATmanMANNY

I'm glad you are home. Stay strong Tommy and heal nicely! Now tell all your friends helmets are not a joke.

that shirt...
41397-Picard-clapping-applause-gif-vX3R.gif

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Hey kid, you look like crap.
But I can't tell you how happy I am that I have the chance to say that to you. I am so glad that you were smart enough to wear a helmet and not afraid it didn't look cool enough like so many kids I see. I know your head hurts even though you had protection but imagine if you didn't wear it!

Take good care and heal well and when you ride your bike again, wear a helmet and make your friends do it too. And when you ride in a car, wear your seatbelt and make your friends do it too.

If you didn't know it before, you certainly know now that you are the single most important thing in the world to your mom. She would do anything and give up anything to keep you safe because losing you would be losing everything.

Thank her for caring so much for you and love her back by protecting yourself diligently.

Healing hugs from someone else's mom.

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm glad you are home. Stay strong Tommy and heal nicely! Now tell all your friends helmets are not a joke.

that shirt...
41397-Picard-clapping-applause-gif-vX3R.gif

This! become a leader and speak the truth why helmets are a must. So glad to hear you are doing well. As woody asked how is the bike let us know....

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Glad to see you are on-the-mend. Hang in there, write down some of your thoughts now, so you can look back on them.....

quick recovery !

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
That's a sketchy area, everyone is in a rush to get out to 287. Glad to hear he's doing well!!

-Jim.

SpartaBard

Heal up kid! Tell the whole school about helmets when you get back there! don't forget the "You should see what the other guy looks like" line.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great to hear he is on the mend, he's a cute kid even with the bruising.
Thank God he was wearing a helmet, its so hard to get kids to wear one all the time.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Feel better dude, on the up-side, your zombie costume for Halloween just got a tad easier...

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I'm relieved to to see you're in one piece:)

I know you will want to get back to "normal" but please....please....PLEASE take it slow! Just because your head starts to "feel" better it doesn't mean it "IS" better. I had several concussions in my playing days ( insert snarky comment here) and I can assure you, you do not want to rush this!

Again, glad you're home.

Dan-

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Very glad to hear you are (mostly) ok! Now you've got bragging rights as the toughest kid in school. Who else in your class can say they took on a van?
Heal up young man.

pedals

My Lord... As a bike family this had me holding my breath.. my son will be 13 in Nov. NO ONE is allowed w/o helmets !!! So very happy your son is OK. Take it slow.
Thank the Lord !!!!

A word of caution

I am glad he is ok and will heal up. I am in a similar situation. I would recommend not posting another single recreation theory of the accident and deleting the details of your prior posts and consulting a lawyer. Also write down on paper his recollection of the accident while it is fresh in his mind.

Top Bottom