Hippo CX 2018

GPS link so I know what sorts of shitty hill climbs I need to mentally prepare for?

@easyasballinacup

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/27959065

lots of down hill turns, in the mud. a few hundred feet of single track. a 200 meter climb leading up to a run up (un rideable for humans) barriers of course. and the wooden run up from last year had been layed to rest and replaced a few bmx style speed rollers.

11.4% grade right at the end..... nice
May be in for the 1/2/3 again, because start times.

11.4% grade right at the end..... nice
May be in for the 1/2/3 again, because start times.

sooo i messed up, thats not the finish. that is the run up that leads into the upper field where the paved finishing stretch, barriers and speed rollers are. after the run up there are 6 straights that are slightly up hill and down, no more than 2% grade change.

now, back to building the rollers....

rollitsucka.jpg

if there is any MTBNJ equipment(tent,table,catapults, ect....) you want set up in advance let me know, and we can coordinate to get it into the beer garden at hippo before Saturday so you don't have to do it day of. If not, you will have parking spaces in the VIP parking lot, which is a 26 sec walk from the beer garden. Let me know, and thanks for coming out to the party this year.

if there is any MTBNJ equipment(tent,table,catapults, ect....) you want set up in advance let me know, and we can coordinate to get it into the beer garden at hippo before Saturday so you don't have to do it day of. If not, you will have parking spaces in the VIP parking lot, which is a 26 second walk from the beer garden. Let me know, and thanks for coming out to the party this year.

I registered today and got a tent space. We may get a 2nd tent space depending on how many people are going.

I don't think I can make it before Saturday morning but we'll be there early. Also, @seanrunnette who is going to announce will have some of our stuff, so if possible, it would be great to put our parking spaces and tent close to where you will have him in a cage.

You are putting him in a cage for this, right?

I registered today and got a tent space. We may get a 2nd tent space depending on how many people are going.

I don't think I can make it before Saturday morning but we'll be there early. Also, @seanrunnette who is going to announce will have some of our stuff, so if possible, it would be great to put our parking spaces and tent close to where you will have him in a cage.

You are putting him in a cage for this, right?

i am waiting to hear back from King Kong to see if i can borrow his XL sized cage. Ill get ya set up right next him at the finish line. let me know if you need anything else.

Last edited:
I’ll see if I can make it to spectate, it keeps getting further away...next years venue is Phillipsburg.

Back
Top Bottom