Hinesburg Town Forest, VT

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This place is awesome. FOTW now has 3 areas connected - HTF, Carse Hill and Sherman Hollow.

I only managed an out and back from HTF to Carse and had to skip some stuff I really wanted to hit due to time and lack of fluids. Bring your legs and your wows. Miles of brilliant ST.

Just a taste
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/194853494

don

I'm sure it's amazing - I've heard great things about the FOTW trail builders and their networks. Looks like you got some miles in - 18+ miles up there is an ass kick.

I really need to spend like a month up in NW VT. Sad thing is I will be up north in a couple weeks but just with the kids and won't be able to ride singletrack. But hoping Johnson, Stowe and Maple St jump parks are running and we can ride those places.

Mahnken

My wife's cousin lives around the block from here and we're going to be visiting in September. Anyone have some good routes for me to follow?

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My wife's cousin lives around the block from here and we're going to be visiting in September. Anyone have some good routes for me to follow?

I grew up a mile or 2 from the trail head and my Dad still lives there (Texas Hill Road). Trailforks has routes, I posted one above. There’s always ppl there.

Mahnken

I grew up a mile or 2 from the trail head and my Dad still lives there (Texas Hill Road). Trailforks has routes, I posted one above. There’s always ppl there.
My wife's cousin is right off of east st. right after it comes off main Rd. I'm thinking I could probably ride to a trailhead from there.
Are the trails you posted above still some of the best there? Any trails I should definitely make sure to hit? I can't believe we've been visiting them for years and I never thought to look for trails in the area. My wife and I plan to eventually buy a second home either in that area, or on the lake close to Burlington.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Enchanted Forest and Sheep Thrills are my favs there. Sleepy hollow is very good too. Carse is more old school and fun as well. Expect to earn your turns climbing at all three spots. You can easily put together 2 days of riding between Hines, Carse & SH. A ton of stuff nearby too.

Mahnken

I was only able to get one ride in on my visit. Lots of fun. Did maiden, back door, dragons tail to wolf tree, enchanted forest, and up economou to sheep thrills. Looking forward to getting back there again.
IMG_20200915_083718.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I usually look for a super market, walgreens or street parking when I am van camping in town. Provided I don’t need to have a full camping like experience and just want to sleep.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any good spots to Van Camp in Hinesburg VT?

Check here...
The trails go out the back door and connect to HTF & Carse

The proprietors are very cool people and if they are not having an event typically let people use the lean-tos. My sister had her wedding there it was AWESOME!

Top Bottom